cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryushi
Level 7

How to Manually Remove XP Antivirus Pro

Ok I have been infected on my main computer (not this one I am posting on) with a virus called XP Antivirus Pro, I need detailed instructions of how to remove this virus from my computer, please no downloads, I have had it for a while, and nothing I do can get rid of it.  Please note it is blocking internet on the computer in almost every possible way, including when I change the Proxy settings on the Lan setup, and this is becoming a serious pain in the ass (sorry if cussing is not allowed).

So.......PLEASE HELP THIS MATTER IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL

0 Kudos
10 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: How to Manually Remove XP Antivirus Pro

Ryushi, you are going to need to download something eventually.  The best guide on the web is here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-xp-pro but scroll down that page, don't click the first links you see as they are all adverts.

0 Kudos
Ryushi
Level 7

Brit there is a reason I am asking for no downloads, the reason I am asking for none is that each require to be updated to rid the virus from my computer, I have tried Norton 360, Spyware Doctor, and Malwarebytes'  Anti-Malware, and Norton and Malware both scan but neither pick it up, and Spyware Doctor (I downloaded Doctor from a online download from a different computer, using a flash drive) and I have tried that, it did not help me.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

MBAM can install, update and be run all in "Safe Mode with Networking".....tried that?

0 Kudos
Ryushi
Level 7

I've tried Safe mode with networking, but hardly anything is different, the virus still keeps me from the internet, at almost all costs, including through the update button on Malware.

0 Kudos
Ryushi
Level 7

Also please note Malware was already installed by the time this freakin virus came along.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Oh, that's too bad.  You could try one of our moderators Secured2k's BootCD, assuming you have access to a clean machine that can burn CDRW media.

http://community.mcafee.com/message/35272#35272

Any questions on that should go in that thread.

0 Kudos
Ryushi
Level 7

Well, if it can be downloaded onto a flash drive to directly access this, then it should work, as I have a flash drive with me, if you know of any, please link it to me immediately.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

For flash drive-based apps I'd have to do a lot of Google searching as I'm not familiar with any off the top of my head.  I'll keep looking.

0 Kudos
Ryushi
Level 7

Alright, please find it as soon as you can, much appreciated.

email removed for your safety...we have it anyway...MOD

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/03/10 12:30:39 EDT PM
0 Kudos