cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zensu
Level 7

How do you get rid of the potentially unwanted programs popup from McAfee

I'm having trouble with a McAfee pop-up of a potentially unwanted program blocked keeps popping up after i click remove its Pup-fps

0 Kudos
3 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: How do you get rid of the potentially unwanted programs popup form Macafee

Moved to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance > Discussions . By Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

This usually is a Detection given by McAfee and has different variations. There are different Removal Guides to suggest, However basically use the same Reliable/Reputable Tools. So I will basically suggest you run each.

1- McAfee Stinger (Read How to Use)

2- Malwarebytes (Free) To keep it Free DO NOT accept or enable any Free Trial Offers/or Activate the Paid or Pro Version. The Free Version will suffice.

3- AdwCleaner

4- Junkware Removal Tool

You can obtain these Superb (Free) Tools and more from Here:

You are better served if saving these programs to your Desktop, and closing all applications/To include Browser before scanning. Go to your saved folder and Open/Install/Run. Follow Guidelines/Instructions, as generally you have to do a restart to remove all remnants entirely.

To get a better understanding of how these PUPS arrived on your system, You may find these two articles most informative:

Wishing you all the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

As you can see there are many Detections regarding (Pups) as McAfee Labs acquire over 150,000 plus new Detections on a daily basis :Antivirus Software and Internet Security For Your PC or Mac | McAfee

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos