cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richl
Level 7

How do I validate an email virus warning I just got?

Jump to solution

Is the attached warning valid?. Attachment is the text from the email.   I've spent over an hour attempting to communicate with McAfee to validate this email virus warning I just got.

Message was edited by: richl on 1/11/10 11:44:28 PM CST              

Message was edited by: richl on 1/12/10 7:08:53 PM CST
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SamSwift
Level 12

Re: How do I validate an email virus warning I just got?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I can't view the atttachment contents, however given the key words the following links may well be relevant:

Olympic Torch Hoax

Osama Hanged Hoax

Ifi you receive a mail which has details of a possible virus attack it's always good to check it against our hoax page and threat library to get further information, rather than forwarding it to all your contacts as these e-mails generally ask you do. Also, as you rightly did, you can always come here to get an opinion from McAfee Labs.

Cheers,

Sam

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SamSwift
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please could you post up details of the message text?

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
richl
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response.  The details are posted in the Attachment. main text from that email.  Keywords:  Osama Bin Lauden,  Olmpic Torch

0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

I can't view the atttachment contents, however given the key words the following links may well be relevant:

Olympic Torch Hoax

Osama Hanged Hoax

Ifi you receive a mail which has details of a possible virus attack it's always good to check it against our hoax page and threat library to get further information, rather than forwarding it to all your contacts as these e-mails generally ask you do. Also, as you rightly did, you can always come here to get an opinion from McAfee Labs.

Cheers,

Sam

0 Kudos
richl
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks again for your helpSmiley Happy

0 Kudos