cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gogographics
Level 7

How do I stop "Barracuda error" email bounce-backs?

Here are some clips of text from the error message received with the bounce back:

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

blocked using Barracuda Reputation; http://www.barracudanetworks.com/reputation/?r=1&ip=(my home network IP appeared here)

I am working with a client and every time I try to email their company, I get this bounce-back. It appears that somehow my IP is blocked and the mail won't go through. When I click in the error window to go to the barracuda site, they ask me to spend $20 to clear my IP block. After Googling this provider, I see some are claiming it is a scam so I haven't paid the money.

Please advise me how to correct this issue if anyone else has dealt with it! I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: How do I stop "Barracuda error" email bounce-backs?

Sally, what McAfee product are you using?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/03/11 3:05:33 EST PM
0 Kudos
gogographics
Level 7

How do I stop "Barracuda error" email bounce-backs?

McAfee Security Center

on Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

First pf all, never click on something you aren't sure about.

In this case however, it looks more like a problem with their servers or their ISP have you checked with them? 

By the way, McAfee SecurityCenter could be just about anything.  What's the name of the McAfee product?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/03/11 3:20:39 EST PM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Doing a little more digging into Barracuda using Google I see that there was a fake anti-malware scam called Barracuda Antivirus, so just in case this is it, please follow the instructions in this guide: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/uninstall-barracuda-antivirus

Scroll down that page as the first links you see are all advertising, so don't click those please.

Any queries regarding the procedures there you should ask them, guidelines are at the bottom of that page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/03/11 3:35:59 EST PM
0 Kudos