cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdcpro
Level 7

How do I prevent SecurityCenter active protection from removing a valid program?

I've used Xenu, a link checking tool, for years, and the recent update to SecurityCenter now deletes the executable, claiming it's "Artemis|bunchoflettersandnumbers".  When I check te McAfee web site link, it doesn't know anything about the virus (because it's not really a virus at all, but a program I've installed).

I can turn the "extended protection" off, and then Xenu installs correctly, but since this tool isn't checking for real viruses, I should be able to flag something as safe, just like you can with a firewall rule.

Is there any way to whitelist something, or do I just leave Active Protection turned off?

Honestly, this has been a frustrating experience--it's not clear at all from the support site how you post a question, and it took an inordinate amount of time for me to get to the point of being able to post this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
exbrit
Level 21

Re: How do I prevent SecurityCenter active protection from removing a valid program?

I moved this to Artemis Discussions in case that is what is happening here.  If you post the Artemis detection number that department should read it here and be able to check it out quickly.

However in the off chance you don't have that number I made up a document on this subject and what to do about it HERE.

0 Kudos