cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out what malware Artemis!88A2FC519005 is?

Jump to solution

I have had an alert for Artemis!88A2FC519005, how do I find out what type of malware it is?

Also how does McAfee suspect that it is malware, what is that detection based on?

Thanks

Dave

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: How do I find out what malware Artemis!88A2FC519005 is?

Jump to solution

In case it is a false detection you can How to submit samples to McAfee Labs for suspected malware detection failure (Virus not found) or Cl... 

The artemis detection is a generic detection

"Artemis is the "Active Protection" component of McAfee's Security Center which uses a combination of signature and behavior analysis to check with McAfee servers in real-time to identify possible new malware threats. This is accomplished by adding heuristics to the virus database. McAfee then uses this heuristic detection to analyze the cataloged behaviors and assess the likelihood of possible new variants of malware before the vendor can get samples and update the program's definitions for detection.."

1 Reply
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: How do I find out what malware Artemis!88A2FC519005 is?

Jump to solution

In case it is a false detection you can How to submit samples to McAfee Labs for suspected malware detection failure (Virus not found) or Cl... 

The artemis detection is a generic detection

"Artemis is the "Active Protection" component of McAfee's Security Center which uses a combination of signature and behavior analysis to check with McAfee servers in real-time to identify possible new malware threats. This is accomplished by adding heuristics to the virus database. McAfee then uses this heuristic detection to analyze the cataloged behaviors and assess the likelihood of possible new variants of malware before the vendor can get samples and update the program's definitions for detection.."

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community