7 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: How do I delete SPVC32.dll?

Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and locate Search Protect

Uninstall it.

Then run AdwCleaner by MalwareBytes and/or MalwareBytes Free, see the following link under Free 3rd Party Tools.

I could not "locate Search Protect" OR find "SPVC32.dll"!  Why does this keep showing up on the Report?

McAffee says I have to manually delete it, but how???  It says "Check your settings", but again, HOW???

Very frustrating!

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Discussion successfully moved from Consumer to Home User Assistance

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Actually there's a complete removal guide here:  How to remove Conduit Search (Virus Removal Guide)

I'm still having this problem!  I try both "Delete" and "Delete All", and even going in manually to delete the file, and nothing works!  I can't find this file even following the path it says:

C:\Program Files (x86)\LenovoBrowserGuard\LenovoBrowserGuard\bin\SPVC32.dll

SPV is software Search Protect developed by Conduit Ltd. It occurs on Windows computers when uninstalling search.conduit.com.
It does things like redirect user search queries and change their Internet home page.

steps for removal

1. Download McAfee anti-malware software and run a full system scan.

2. Download Autoruns for Windows and save it to your Desktop.

3. Launch autoruns.exe program (Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator).

4. In the top menu, click File > Find... and type the file name SPVC32Loader.dll, then click Find Next. Alternatively, you can scroll through the list and look for any entry related to SPVC32Loader.dll and Conduit.

5. If found, right-click on the entry and choose Delete.

6. Close Autoruns and reboot your computer when done.

7. Scan your computer with anti-malware software.

SPVC32.dli is adware which auto install in our system. This will add or remove the key file from the computer.  To remove this first we have download spy hunter and follow the instruction to remove it.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.