cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove Trojan JS/Downloader.gen?

Currently, my company is infected with too many Trojan JS / Downloader.gen malware.
My company is using VSE and ENS.
When the end user accesses the website, Mcafee notifies malware detection and removal.
I tried clearing the browser cache.
Remove and the reinstalled browser.
But the problem still cannot be solved thoroughly.

For Example: C:\Users\XPS\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\f_042543\f_042543\0000010e.js

Can someone please help me in removing whatever it is that causes this to happen.

Thank you.

9 Replies
McAfee Employee dvarnell
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: How can I remove Trojan JS/Downloader.gen?

Hi ThiNguyen,

That file path is where Google Chrome stores cached data. You might be able to use something like ChromeCacheView to see where that .JS file is being created from. 

Thanks for your reply!

I used ChromeCacheView but I can't see where the js file is created. Because when McAfee deleted those files when the virus was detected.
In addition to chrome browser, I also detected malware on IE and firefox browser.

C:\Users\End_User01\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\W70I7554\300x600[1].htm\000000ce.js

C:\Users\End_User02\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\fnsd49gb.default\cache2\entries\7BAA84E1C549B6DEFDC52B9F0CB380CDBFBF2898\7BAA84E1C549B6DEFDC52B9F0CB380CDBFBF2898\000000ce.js

Please support me with a thorough solution to this problem!

Thank you!

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 10

@ThiNguyen 

if @dvarnell  cannot help you fix this McAfee have a virus removal pledge that says they will removal the malware for you. You must have auto renewal activated.

Pledge

Hi @Peacekeeper 

"You must have auto renewal activated."
I do not understand what you are talking about. Because my company is using McAfee copyright software.

McAfee ENS.JPG

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Sorry I thought you were using a consumer version.That pledge is for that.Should have read your 1st post better.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee dvarnell
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

Hi ThiNguyen,

Would it be possible to submit a few of the files from quarantine so I can take a look? Check out the following KB on how to package and submit the samples. You might use the email submission method. If you can submit these, please let me know what the ID you get back via email response is.

https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB68030

Thanks!

Hi @dvarnell ,

I tried a full scan of Trojan warning computers. But McAfee does not detect malware. Only when the end user accesses a website does the McAfee software detect trojans JS/Downloader.gen.

JSDownloader.png

And I can't access your link. 

https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB68030

Thanks!

McAfee Employee dvarnell
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 10

Hi @dvarnell ,

I used the Getsusp tool to scan for malware. I just scanned and accessed the website http://cafef.vn/

The result is as follows:

McAfee GetSusp.png