cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dms26
Level 9

How Can I stop Real Time Scanning - Artemis!20A310301028

Before some tells me just go in and hit the "Turn Off" button, there is more to this story.  I am trying to download a ZIP file from from a trusted site..  The download takes about 15 minutes, then just as it finishes downloading, I get a pop up window telling me the file contains a trojan and has been quarantined.  I have tried to turn off real Time Scanning, but it still quarantines the file.  When I go into settings there is no option to uncheck the box that scans for tojans.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
dms26
Level 9

Re: How Can I stop Real Time Scanning

Here is the name it keeps coming up with "Artemis!20A310301028"

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: How Can I stop Real Time Scanning

Moved to From Security Center to Malware Discussion > Artemis Discussion > Discussions

What is occurring is that the Download you are attempting to Install, is being Detected by the Software as Suspicious/Unknown. Which is a Generic Name McAfee gives it until it has been Analyzed/Processed. Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions :

Allow the appropriate time to be Processed,then post back the Analysis ID # you should receive from your successful submission. We can then contact someone from McAfee Labs on your behalf, and quite possibly expedite the process.

Wishing you all the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: How Can I stop Real Time Scanning - Artemis!20A310301028

I inserted the Artemis detection in the header so it stands out.

See 

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Please refrain from creating other threads referring to the same issue/topic. Kindly follow the Guidelines/Instructions already given to getting your issue resolved. We will be more than happy to assist you further, if your Detection is not Suppressed/Whitelisted, after allowing the appropriate time to be Processed, as we have clearly stated.

Again,

Wishing you all the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
dms26
Level 9

I do NOT have the time, 4 to 5 business days, to wait for McAfee to decide if it will let this file through.  There must be a way short of removing Total Protection, to get my work done.  Is there or is there not a way to truly turn off Virus and Spyware Protection so I can get this file (which is from a secure (HTTPS) and legitimate today?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You can turn it off in the interface but remember that turns off all protection.   SecurityCenter ? Virus and Spyware Protection > Real-Time Scanning > Turn off

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Just to check you said in your duplicate thread that you had already emailed the file to virus_research@mcafee.com did you get a reply ( immediate) with an analysis ID number? Also how big is the file that is if you did not receive a reply?

0 Kudos
dms26
Level 9

I wound up turning everything off for the download and installation then Immediately turning it all back on.  All went well. I have not heard back yet with an analysis ID number.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

and the file size as either you zipped the file wrong ie passworded with password infected or the file is too big or the submission process has a problem.

Always bar 1 or the reasons above you do get an immediate reply. If it is last 2 have you a link to the file that I can pass onto our contacts

0 Kudos