Hello everyone, i have a rootkit virus, and as you guys all know these are horrible and terribly annoying. Ill explain what happens!
1. I open google
2. I search McAfee Forums (or anything else)
3. It directs me to some completly random webpage then that webpage directs me to another one usually trying to sell me something
What i have tried to do already
1. McAfee virus scan. Picked up nothing.
2.AVG Scan.. also picked nothing up
3.Malwarebytes... yep you guessed it, also picked up nothing.
4. Sophos scan, picked up a virus..didnt fix the problem though
5. Restored my computer to an earlier date during the boot up process. Didnt work.
Please walk me step by step through how to get rid of this virus! I am patient and will try to respond as quickly as possible to your messages. Thanks guy
Sorry not a virus expert but have a read of this
Try the rootkit remover and stinger.
Malwarebytes have a beta version of their rootkit remover but use at your own risk.
Moving to the malware forumMessage was edited by: Peacekeeper on 6/04/13 7:26:14 PM