Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cinker
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Hi, my home PC is blocked by Interpol Ransomware

My home PC is blocked by Interpol Ransomware stating to pay $100 and that the system is now blocked. I tried re-booting the system and it was okay for about 2 minutes then this was back, My system is a dell PC windows OS 8. Any help that I can get back on? My subscription is for every coverage until mid 2015

7 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Hi, my home PC is blocked by Interpol Ransomware stating to pay $100 and that the system is now blocked. I tried re-booting the system and it was okay for about 2 minutes then this was back, My system is a dell PC windows OS 8. Any help that I can get

Please try the the following Removal Guide:Remove INTERPOL virus (Removal Guide)

Follow the Instructions/Guidelines carefully. To keep Malwarebytes (Free), DO NOT accept any Free Trial Offers/or active the Pro Version all throughout the Download/Installation.The (Free) Version will suffice.

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Re: Hi, my home PC is blocked by Interpol Ransomware stating to pay $100 and that the system is now blocked. I tried re-booting the system and it was okay for about 2 minutes then this was back, My system is a dell PC windows OS 8. Any help that I can get

I recommend that you first run the Latest McAfee Getsusp Tool first , please remember to enter your Email Address under "Preferences" before scanning. You can find this Superb Tool and others for (Free) Here:

You may find these Articles most informative:

All the very best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
cinker
Level 7
Message 4 of 8

ThanksCatdaddy, will try tonight

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Re: Hi, my home PC is blocked by Interpol Ransomware

You are more than welcome. That is why we are here, to assist the best we can.

All the very best,

Catdaddy

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

It may be that due to the Ransomware, you may be required to start your computer in Safemode/With Networking,to access the Internet so you can use the Removal Guide. Please allow it to fully load before attempting to access the Internet.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Edited the header and moved to Home User Assistance

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Glad I checked . I was just about to do so.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community