cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cinker
Level 7

Hi, my home PC is blocked by Interpol Ransomware

My home PC is blocked by Interpol Ransomware stating to pay $100 and that the system is now blocked. I tried re-booting the system and it was okay for about 2 minutes then this was back, My system is a dell PC windows OS 8. Any help that I can get back on? My subscription is for every coverage until mid 2015

0 Kudos
7 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Hi, my home PC is blocked by Interpol Ransomware stating to pay $100 and that the system is now blocked. I tried re-booting the system and it was okay for about 2 minutes then this was back, My system is a dell PC windows OS 8. Any help that I can get

Please try the the following Removal Guide:Remove INTERPOL virus (Removal Guide)

Follow the Instructions/Guidelines carefully. To keep Malwarebytes (Free), DO NOT accept any Free Trial Offers/or active the Pro Version all throughout the Download/Installation.The (Free) Version will suffice.

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Hi, my home PC is blocked by Interpol Ransomware stating to pay $100 and that the system is now blocked. I tried re-booting the system and it was okay for about 2 minutes then this was back, My system is a dell PC windows OS 8. Any help that I can get

I recommend that you first run the Latest McAfee Getsusp Tool first , please remember to enter your Email Address under "Preferences" before scanning. You can find this Superb Tool and others for (Free) Here:

You may find these Articles most informative:

All the very best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
cinker
Level 7

ThanksCatdaddy, will try tonight

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Hi, my home PC is blocked by Interpol Ransomware

You are more than welcome. That is why we are here, to assist the best we can.

All the very best,

Catdaddy

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

It may be that due to the Ransomware, you may be required to start your computer in Safemode/With Networking,to access the Internet so you can use the Removal Guide. Please allow it to fully load before attempting to access the Internet.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Edited the header and moved to Home User Assistance

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Glad I checked . I was just about to do so.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos