cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gurrajsandhu
Level 7

Hi, I'm new to these forums but not new to mcafee

I have a problem concerning a game I recently bought, I cannot install it fully cuase of a artemis being detected by mcafee and it immediately terminates the file, I have a screenshot below

I've read around and even contacted the website which I downloaded this game off, they told me it is a "false positive" and if I whitelist it in mcafee it should work, I'm not familiar with the internals of mcafee so could anyone kind enough tell me what and how I need to "whitelist".   thank you very much in advance.

cod2.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Hi, I'm new to these forums but not new to mcafee

Moved to Artemis Discussions.

You should temporarily disable antivirus and restore the file then report it to McAfee as outlined here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Or simply send an email to virus_research@avertlabs.com  with the Artemis detection name in the body, and the words "False Artemis!++++++" (where ++++ is the code given to it in that popup) as the subject line. (Minus the "")

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/12/10 1:46:16 EST PM
0 Kudos
gurrajsandhu
Level 7

thanks for the reply Ex-Brit, I got an email from the game provider, they told me to whitelist the file that gets detected from within the mcafee settings, how do i do that?

also i do not know how to restore the file, or do you mean temporarily disable mcafee, and then install the game? if I do that will it not detect the file again when i do my weekly full scan?

please get back to when you can, thanks

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Until you get the new version which is still in beta testing you can't do that.  You'd have to follow the instructions I outlined in the link I just posted.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/12/10 1:46:19 EST PM
0 Kudos
ConorD62
Level 12

Couldn't you;

1. Restore the file from the vault.

2. Make sure it's not detected in the scans; ie, hiding it from the scan.

3. ???

4. Profit!!!

0 Kudos