cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jb3navides
Level 7

Hey guys Mcafee detected a Artemis!9E3EED42E161 on my last scan. I need help.

So I got a new laptop with a 30 day trial of McAfee LiveSafe. I downloaded the online game Crossfire from

crossfire.z8games.com/

Note: No one has actually commented or rated this site.

After a few weeks of playing the game, I decided to run a full system scan (cos I am paranoid) and this happened, the scan quarantined a Artemis!9E3EED42E161 and when I looked at where it originated from, it said the hgwc.exe file from the game files of Crossfire. I tried to send it to McAfee for analysis but whenever I tried there was an error so I decided to just have Mcafee delete the file rather that restore. Now when I try to run the game it says "Failed to execute HGWC"

So now I am wondering, is this a false alarm? Is Crossfire safe? Also, what is Artemis!9E3EED42E161 ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long read.

Also, I tried searching the Artemis!9E3EED42E161 and nothing popped up.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Hey guys Mcafee detected a Artemis!9E3EED42E161 on my last scan. I need help.

Moved to Malware Discussion > Artemis Discussion > Discussions By Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Hey guys Mcafee detected a Artemis!9E3EED42E161 on my last scan. I need help.

The send to McAfee option in Quarantine seems not in most cases to work. Disable real time scanning and restore the file and follow the emailing method described in the link above. If no answer to the issue in 4 days post back here with the analysis ID number you get back immediately you send the file and I will chase up someone to look at the file.

You can also post the file HERE and see what the other scanners say

Oh ensure you re-enable the real time scanner after sending the file

0 Kudos