Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lorenzo_l
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Help with login and windows xp!!!

Hi everyone i was updating my antivirus and then suddenly may screen turned blue and all my icons and files on the pc disappeared. 

Then i tried to restart my pc and near my login user there is a McAfee true key user suggesting me to login with my face and if i try to open it it shows a withe screen with the logo on it.

is that a virus?  

I don't know what to do, please help me beacause i need to work on my pc as soon as i can.

Thanks a lot

PS: I attach the photoes of my pc.

e75964ac-5eb7-4d63-8a8e-22f6c954e924.JPG5e1ddf1f-40df-4f4e-a402-376a5ef921f0.JPG74cfc269-6c1c-4944-884e-996103f598a7.JPG

7 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Help with login and windows xp!!!

Unsure so asked the True key guru to have a read here and comment if possible. Do you have True key installed?

Tony

lorenzo_l
Not applicable
Message 3 of 8

Hi,i think so.

All started when I downloaded a new version of the antivirus. Tonight seraching on the account i find a section in computer resources that contain all my documents and files but it is only a folder with the name of my pc.I don’t understand it’s like the antivirus confinate all my things inside of this folder and set the rest of my pc as default.

sorry i am not very practical with these issues because normally i use an apple pc, but yesterday this happened. Fortunately i found my documents so I don’t think that it’s a malware but maybe a wrong input during the update.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

To assist the mods if they read this can you add a picture of the folder you are talking about and its path ie c:/windows etc

lorenzo_l
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8

This is the pathway. I found my stuffs in the network folder.

26fb6e6e-2c9c-49d1-8f96-f2dc77019fac.JPGfd954021-d455-4b18-b83c-f52599f0f893.JPG

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

That folder appears similiar to mine Mine is Local drive (C) > users this on windows 10.  See is anyone from Mcafee replies or the True key tech follows up on my email. Is the PC working ok now abiet with an old version of Mcafee 12.9 I assume or similiar as you have XP.

While you are waiting try some of these amlware tools both the Mcafee ones and the free ones to see if you were compromised

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Documents/Anti-Spyware-Malware-Hijacker-Tools/ta-p/553387

Reliable Contributor ninov_n
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Hello,

Nice article but I wonder why it does not have Autoruns in 3rd Party Software section. I use it regularly for reviewing malware activities.

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
Tags (1)
Reliable Contributor ninov_n
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Hello

It would  be good to run an Autoruns report to review the machine for suspicious activity like running processes, taks or registries:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
Tags (1)