Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 11

Re: Help with interpreting GMER log

Moved to Malware Discussions > Home User Assistance as a more appropriate spot.    We don't encourage GMER or other independent scanner logs here as we don't have the staff to analyse them quickly (the board is manned primarily by volunteers).  That would be done by one of the many independent anti-malware forums that specialize in them and other types of logs as mentioned at the bottom of this document.  Also the GMER FAQ's state in part:

Question:     Do I have a rootkit  ?

Answer:     You can scan the system for rootkits using GMER. Run gmer.exe, select Rootkit tab and click the "Scan" button.

**If you don't know how to interpret the output, please Save the log and send it to my email address ( info@gmer.net ).**

Warning ! Please, do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan.

McAfee also now has a RootkitRemover:  http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/free-tools/rootkitremover.aspx which is under development.

Just as an FYI for future reference.

Anyway Vinoo and staff seem to have cleared it as OK, so good luck 😉

I will agree an explanation of those JMP designators might be in order as I, for one, have no idea what that means.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/04/12 9:08:25 EDT AM

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community