cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

RE: First attempt

It just doesn't stop...first thank you for your time and numerous efforts regarding my questions. I was online and i now have pop-ups so i ran a scan and my suite just quarantined a trojan:

Name: Fake alert-da

no warning came from my sec system which it used to do before entering any site. Unfortunately, mcafee is closed but i think i will definately be calling them tommorrow.

I'm wondering if it was even worth it to pay the fee?
Highlighted

Customer Service will consider refunding that fee if you feel it was wasted.

Do the Hijackthis routine as I previously posted.
Highlighted

I am definitely asking for my money back. I turned on the computer today and it flashed my computer was not protected. Luckily the fix button worked but i am getting pop ups and disconnections to links
Highlighted

That's your prerogative of course but please note that no protection software is perfect, that's why we always counsel people to take due care and keep extra anti-spyware handy just in case.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community