cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help me! i have a trojan!

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping that someone can help me. I have recieved a trojan in the past few months and have no clue where it is from or what it is. It is slowing down my computer. McAfee has detected a Vundo.gen.a (Trojan) on my computer and tells me that i cannot quarantine it or repair it. Although, it does say that i can remove it and tells me that i need to restart my computer to do so. I have tried this many times and when i restart my computer again it doesnt seem to have been removed as the window from McAfee pops up again.

I do hope that someone out there can help me =]

Looking forward to your reply
Labels (2)
4 Replies

RE: Help me! i have a trojan!

bunnigurk3213

Vundo can be tricky to remove, follow instructions below and they`ll be able to assist you.

Register at this Forum then follow these Steps post the required log in that forum,not here.

Thankyou for replying Paullotion.

Can anyone help me with any steps, to get rid of the trojan and how do i find out what progam has given me the trojan or is that not possible?

Any help will be much appreciated.

The forum above will assist you with removing vundo.

You can send the vundo files to the lab:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx
Or
https://www.webimmune.net/default.asp

As the original poster has not responded since January, this thread is closed.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community