cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Removing Adware Hotbar

A couple days ago I had a pop-up that said I had a Trojan! It really scared me so I shut everything down & made sure my McAfee data was up-to-date. (Done automatically anyway) I ran a scan & it didn't find anything on here. Still suspicous I used HouseCall & it found 4 Spywares & was able to delete 3. It could not fix the 4th which was the Adware-Hotbar. After much research, I have learned that it is very hard to get rid of. I have been able to straighten up the changes made to my internet home page & to Windows Mail. I just ran Earthlink PC Fine Tune this afternoon & it found nothing either. However, I still have the felling that even if it was removed it was only a partial removal & there's still a lot left - - - like registry entries. Any suggestions to solve this & give me some peace of mind would be appreciate. I am running:
Vista Homee Premium.

SECURITY CENTER

Version: 8.0
Build: 8.0.244
Affid: 0
Last Update: 10/5/2007

VIRUS SCAN

Version: 12.0
Build: 12.0.176
Affid: 0
Last Update: 11/16/2007
Dat Version: 5165.0000
Dat Creation Date:11/16/2007
Engine Version: 5100.0194
2 Replies

RE: Help Removing Adware Hotbar

CheyenneSierra

Please visit one of these site below:

BleepingComputer
GeeksToGo
WhatTheTech(Formally TomCoyote)

They`ll be able to assist you.

RE: Help Removing Adware Hotbar

As the user has not replied since 19th November,this thread is closed.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community