cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Help! McAfee deletes my Radmin

is not a solution for my problem, thanks.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 19

If McAfee whitelist that application as a result of your submitting the file to them, then it is the solution.

I agree, it's not a solution. We cannot use a legal software and the process to "report" it is really complex. Why should we "send" a file that is publicly available on the official page of a known software developer company?

I hope the Beta version that allows exceptions will not need more than one year to solve the problem (as the incompatibility for Thunderbird that is still not solved!).

Edited: how do we get the Artemis code needed for submition?

El mensaje fue editado por: DeepButi on 10/12/10 4:54:11 CST

I totally agree:

I agree, it's not a solution. We cannot use a legal software and the process to "report" it is really complex. Why should we "send" a file that is publicly available on the official page of a known software developer company?

Reliable Contributor
Message 15 of 19

It's your choice.  Then you should ask the makers of said software to approach McAfee.

I'm moving this to the Artemis section of Malware Discussions as it may get better attention there.

Did McAfee give details for the detection?   That would help.

I'm afraid it's unlikely that McAfee will do anything just reading this thread without more information.

Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 19

The Thunderbird issue is nothing to do with this.    The last time something was wrongly detected on my machine I followed the guidelines in that link I provided and within 2 hours the matter was solved.

This could happen with any security software and each has its own procedure to follow in these cases.   It isn't as complicated as you may think.

If the software was detected and gave an 'Artemis' detection number please post that information as the solution will be even quicker, hopefully.

Highlighted

Ok, yes, you are right, probably I was so tired of McAfee problems that I overreacted to what seemed a complex procedure.

Reading it again carefully I decided to give it a try, so I reinstalled the software on one PC to get any code that might help ... and to my surprise it's working now. Maybe someone already reported it, it was solved (marked as safe) and we didn't even know.

Will keep it under "testing" state to see if it gets deleted, but in the past it was marked/deleted at installation time, so I guess it's safe.

Good news.

Thaks for your help.

Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 19

That's good news, let's hope it stays that way.

😉

Security Center 10.5.204 13/10/2010

Virus Scan 14.5.113 13/10/2010

Firewall 11.5.135 23/08/2010

Anti-Spam 11.5.131 13/10/2010

I cannot see anything on quarantine (how do you look at that?), file system32\r_server.exe simply dissapeared. Reinstalling the software produces a McAfee pop-up notifying that the Trojan Generic.dx!ufm has been deleted. It doesn't ask for confirmation, simply notifying. The installation process produces an error "r_server.exe cannot be copied to windows\system32" and obviously the program doesn't work.

This software has been working for years and it's available on the download official page of the manufacturer at www.radmin.com . It's probably the best remote control program on the market and version 2.2 is still fully supported (although not the last one that has a lot of changes that we are not interested on, so we keep this one).

This program is marked as safe on Firewall ... but we don't find any way to prevent Virus Scan deleting it ... and we need it!!

Thks

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community