cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wrigbe
Level 7

Have I found the keylogger? Artemis!3A9288EE01B6

I have Mcafees installed and up to date of my laptop so of course have the Mcafees firewall on my machine and real time scanning on etc, and as well having a  separate network firewall protecting our whole home network.

Never-the-less my World of Warcraft account was key logged the other night. (I am sure it was a keylogger because of the pattern - I logged in, the log in was 'unsuccessful', I logged in again, and got in, strangely my character was in slightly the wrong place. I was in for about 20 secs then got thrown out again. I tried to log in a third time and was told the password was wrong.) Fortunately I had read about it so recognised the pattern and contacted the company Blizzard and stopped my account within about 15 mins so not  too much damage was done.

However I then had to find the keylogger on my system. I tried Macfees and then SIX other free or trial  anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware, etc programs to no avail. I tried with the WOW account window open (as recommend by Blizzard). I tried in safe mode. Every program claimed I was clean.

Finally I discovered this document https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1294  on the Mcafees website (thanks Mcafees ).It recommends using the program Stinger. In normal settings even in safe it didn't find anything. However with very high sensitivity on it did find the following trojan:

Artemis!3A9288EE01B6 trojan.

But I can't seem to find anything out about this trojan. A google search reveals nothing.

So what I want to know is - is this the keylogger - or at least the way my WOW account was compromised. In deleting that trojan is my computer safe again. Or should I keep searching?

thanks

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 07/10/10 9:06:16 EDT PM
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Have I found the keylogger? Artemis!3A9288EE01B6

Moved this to the Artemis section and included the number in your header so that department can answer you.

vinoo
Level 13

Artemis!3A9288EE01B6 is for a file with md5 3a9288ee01b6c59e4de82de8657ceb01.

This does not appear to be malware. Zero vendor detections on VirusTotal as well.
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=a5dae1cf43b560df28f9e97e31cd1ef68b5c74b3bf16b406d...

If you suspect you're infected and have trouble finding what is causing the infection, I'd suggest giving this handy tool a try.

"McAfee GetSusp is intended for users who suspect undetected malware on their system. By using a combination of clever heuristics and querying McAfee's online database of known clean files to gather suspicious files, GetSusp eliminates the user's need for deep technical knowledge of computer systems to isolate undetected malware. McAfee GetSusp is recommended as a tool of first choice when analyzing a suspect machine."

Get it from here: https://community.mcafee.com/message/148081#148081

Once GetSusp identifies and collects the suspect files, post the logs here and we community members can help.

on 12/10/10 10:22:57 AM IST
0 Kudos
DoZe
Level 9

Hey, to guard yourself against keyloggers download KeyScrambler, this software will encrypt your keystrokes and you will be immune to keyloggers, note that only the Pro edition(Payed) will protect your Wow login ,not the free one, so you can buy it

or borrow it from some torrent site,

Also i give you a friendly advice mate never EVER click on the wow related links you get in the mail 99% of them are scams that redirect you to fake login pages that steal your info, always go to battle.net by yourself if you want to log in.

Don't worry about the account , contact Blizzard and they will give you'r account+gold+items back. Give me a PM if you ever wanna buy in game gold , all EU realms