cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Molly12
Level 7

HELP! McAfee keeps deleting a file that I need! (not a virus!)

It keeps saying this file is a Trojan when I know for a fact it is not.  I need this file but McAfee automatically deletes it.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: HELP! McAfee keeps deleting a file that I need! (not a virus!)

See this post for hints on what you can do:  http://community.mcafee.com/message/6645#6645

0 Kudos
x-imikhlin
Level 9

While you are waiting for Artemis update to come through, you can exclude this file from scanning in your product interface (exact actions would depend on the product).

Regards,

Irene

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Irene that's not possible with the home product unless the object is labelled as a PUP.

We have been asking the developers to reintroduce the ability to ignore any file or folder ever since they took it away several years ago.

It has fallen on deaf ears.

0 Kudos
nchattop
Level 12

Hi Molly,

I request you to kindly submit your file to us (virus_research@avertlabs.com) in a password-protected ZIP file (password - infected).

If you have already done so, please provide me the Analysis ID.

Regards

0 Kudos
maraig1984
Level 7

Hi nchattop,

I have the same problem, but am having trouble sending it to McAfee. When I tried to send the file I want to stop the antivirus deleting, it told me I needed to update the DAT files as they were too old. I did this and now it just says 'Error occured: sending failed' every time I try to send. The file is C:\windows\syswow64\lfwblfnd Threats detected: Trojan Horse Generic.dx!b2k4, it is a trusted program but no matter what I do, it keeps on deleting it. How would you advise I proceed?

Regards

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Pending nchattop's response, if they are still around after 2½ years, try following the procedures here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

0 Kudos
maraig1984
Level 7

Hi Ex_Brit,

I have tried that but as soon as I restore it, Mcafee deletes it

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

If you are disabling VirusScan first as described there, then it shouldn't be deleting it.   Are you using the Home version or Enterprise?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I've just updated the link I gave to bring it up to date.

0 Kudos