cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spencer_N
Level 7

Game is deleted by McAfee

Jump to solution

I was playing Crossfire (A safe downloadable game) yesterday and it was working fine, but I went to play it again, it deleted a file that "had a trojan" even though it doesn't! I was looking it up and I found this; http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=20491   and it seemed like it would have something and it was a dud. Well I was wondering if you guys could please fix that, b/c it does not have a Trojan, or you could tell me how to have McAfee skip that file or something. The safest way I got my game to work was to turn off real time scanning, but even then I was unconfortable with that. So if you guys could help me that would be great.
Thanks,
             Spencer

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SamSwift
Level 12

Re: Game is deleted by McAfee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Scratch my last - all should be fine now as the file has been recalssified. Can you check and confirm please?

In future if you do see any potential FPs you can use the process above to send them to us for analysis.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
7 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

There is a thread here explaining what to do in these situations:  http://community.mcafee.com/message/6645#6645

0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

Do you have the detection name that VirusScan was reporting?

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
Spencer_N
Level 7

Jump to solution

Artimis!F7FBB8E378EF

thats the name of it.

0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you send the file up to virus_research@avertlabs.com with the word FALSE in the subject line please. If you could please zip the file first and add a password of infected. We'll pick it up and analyse it.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

Scratch my last - all should be fine now as the file has been recalssified. Can you check and confirm please?

In future if you do see any potential FPs you can use the process above to send them to us for analysis.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
Spencer_N
Level 7

Jump to solution

YES! it worked! Thank you SO much! I cannot tell you how happy I am!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Glad it's OK now.

0 Kudos