cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thcloud
Level 7

Game executable labeled as a trojan - FALSE Artemis!DF01DB6BCE5A

I have a Dell Studio XPS with Windows 7.  McAfee Security Center came with the computer.  Yesterday I installed a copy of Far Cry and Security Center almost imediately quarantined FarCry.exe as a trojan.  Is there any way I can stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/04/11 8:14:11 EDT AM
0 Kudos
5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Game executable labeled as a trojan

You'd have to submit it for analysis.  See this for some ideas on how to go about it:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

If it was an 'Artemis' detection please post back with the detection ID number.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/04/11 8:07:37 EDT AM
0 Kudos
thcloud
Level 7

It is an Artemis detection.  File number:  DF01DB6BCE5A.

I did try to submit but the file is too large and it errors out.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Moved to Artemis Discussions, hopefully someone from that department will spot this.

Meanwhile send an email to Virus_Research@avertlabs.com with the header FALSE Artemis!DF01DB6BCE5A

(Sorry but it has to be as it appears in the detection, so alter that header if necessary).

I will alter the header of this thread to reflect the Artemis number.

0 Kudos
emtjoe
Level 7

Same problem here, different game/file.  The problem is, even after shutting off real time scanning, McAfee still quarantines it.  I've totally shut every feature of McAfee down and it still does this.  The obvious answer is to give us the ability to trust any given file.

0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11

Re: Game executable labeled as a trojan - FALSE Artemis!DF01DB6BCE5A

Looks like many other av softwares are picking that up as a potential threat... perhaps you might want to intimate Dell or creator of that application

see

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=4a0b1320eb71d44ae76581405aa6b5f8047fca31aff3351df...

0 Kudos