cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

File Named 'Sun' Appearing In My Documents ...

Hi there,

Obviously, I'm new here. But I have a query, as this is something that I've noticed, and I'm looking for a little peace of mind, or some further help. So, today, I opened up my documents and noticed a file in there named 'sun' which I'm pretty sure I haven't created, and I don't believe anyone else has as they don't have access to my laptop. It says the file was created at 19:24 on 23/09/2012 (Monday).

I recently installed Java on my machine, and was wondering if it had anything to do with this? Or is this something to be more concerned about? I've run a full scan since the 23rd, and no issues were detected, and I've also scanned the folder which has no files in it (possible malicious files hidden from view?) , and it came up clean.The only thing I've willingly downloaded, with the exception of Java, is the OpenOffice 3.4.1 update, which I installed on 22/09/2012.

I'm concerned that someone has access to my machine. I'm running Windows 7, browsing with Google Chrome ... if you need anything else, please let me know and I'll do what I can. I try to browse as securely as I possibly can, which is why this is bothering me because I'm not sure how this could have happened. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: File Named 'Sun' Appearing In My Documents ...

I'm really sorry, my mistake; I got my dates mixed up. Sunday was the 23rd, same day as I installed the OpenOffice update, even so, this bothers me somewhat. All help will be appreciated. Thanks,

Highlighted

Re: File Named 'Sun' Appearing In My Documents ...

Hello

Can you post the location of the `sun` folder - for example:

C:\Documents & Settings\Username\Applications Data\Sun\Java .

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community