cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
airmag1911
Level 7

FalseArtemis!B7FD8A52C4B5

Jump to solution

This is a Steam game executable file (TheEscapists.exe) which doesn`t trigger a hit in a scan so can`t be added to the trusted list.

It quarantines every time the game is run, only solution is to turn off real time scanning or switch to another anti virus program.

Why is there no way to trust quarantined files?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: FalseArtemis!B7FD8A52C4B5

Jump to solution

There is if you follow these Guidelines /Instructions for McAfee to analyze/process the files:

Steam/Minecraft/FoxHud are normally initially detected by Security Vendors, not just McAfee.

For instance: [SOLVED] Trojan virus as theescapist.exe :: The Escapists Solved Problems

Especially when they have been updated to newer versions. Submitting will the majority of the time suppress the detection.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
10 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

There is if you follow these Guidelines /Instructions for McAfee to analyze/process the files:

Steam/Minecraft/FoxHud are normally initially detected by Security Vendors, not just McAfee.

For instance: [SOLVED] Trojan virus as theescapist.exe :: The Escapists Solved Problems

Especially when they have been updated to newer versions. Submitting will the majority of the time suppress the detection.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

If after 2-3 buisness days you have not heard something back, please provide us your Analysis id# and we can escalate your case on your behalf to McAfee Labs.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
airmag1911
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply and advice, I thought this was the right place to initially bring it to Mcafee's attention, I've just run another full scan and the file flagged today so maybe it's already being looked at.

I think the link you provided gives details on how to have the file whitelisted / removed from the blacklist, what I meant by my last line was how do I (as a consumer) add it to my own trusted list.

At the moment I'm (or rather my son) is caught in an endless loop of open the game, have it fail because the executable file is quarantined, restore the file in Mcafee, open the game, have it fail because the executable file is quarantined.....

Might not be the most prudent attitude but sometimes you just want to ignore Mcafee's advice for that file rather than turn off realtime scanning completely.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I fully understood what you meant As one does have the ability to exclude files, however if it is still considered to not be safe It will continue to be detected. As I said, please kindly submit your detection as it may possibly be suppressed.

For I vociferously suggest that you (do not) turn off your Anti-Virus protection.

Thank you

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Have you successfully submitted your detection? There has been 3 other users issues resolved since your posting?  Please submit so we can get this issue handled.

Thank you

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
airmag1911
Level 7

Jump to solution

I sent an e-mail yesterday to the address you supplied.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Did you already receive an Analysis ID# back? If so also a confirmation that your detection has been suppressed? I ask because this is marked as Resolved/Correctly Answered'?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
airmag1911
Level 7

Jump to solution

No reply to the e-mail yet so no Analysis ID#, I marked this as answered because the game now loads normally with no Artemis / quarantine issues.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Ahh..I see  Usually they inform us. Glad that all is okay.

All the best.

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos