cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False positive on 2 McAfee products showing Artemis!427E85F195AA

McAfee Artemis!427E85F195AA
McAfee-GW-Edition Artemis!427E85F195AA

The above data was taken from VirusTotal.com (https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/27df6015d9e8cb172b5c6d8986d16dd58013c1ee99b5f2ca56c7a4d642d9cdb8/...) about one of our products.  Our product Blitz MEdia player (Which can be downloaded here https://s3.amazonaws.com/blitzmediaplayer/gui/BlitzMediaPlayerSetup.exe) is an ad-supported free media player. All users that download this software know that they may see ads during their browsing experience to help us keep the product free.

We follow the Trust-E Trusted Download policy for distribution and are requesting you to remove your flag from our file.

Thank you!

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/06/14 7:01:19 EDT PM
0 Kudos
5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: False positive on 2 McAfee products showing Artemis!427E85F195AA

Moved this to Artemis sub-forum and removed the attachment as they aren't permitted.

The fact that these are Artemis detections means the labs already have the samples.   To dispute an Artemis detection do as follows:

Send an email to virus_research@mcafee.com with the Artemis detection name and the words "False Artemis!++++++++++++" (where ++++++++++++ is the 12-digit code given to it) as the subject line. (Minus the "").

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

0 Kudos

Thank you Peter,

The attach file button was there I assumed that attaching the file was standard protocol since there is no notation on the field not to attach files.  I was directed to the forum to post since I do not have a McAfee Service Portal or Platinum Portal account.  I appreciate your clarification on the rules of the forum, moving my post to the correct area and the direction tothe further instructions on how to submit without a portal account.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You're welcome, good luck ;-)

0 Kudos

I followed Ex_Brits instructions on the 4th and we are yet to hear anything back on this detection.  Is there any way we can check the status of this False Positive flag?

0 Kudos