cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomas75
Level 7

False positive Artemis!E2CEF5E601A3

Hello,

We are a company and we made a software that is detected as a false positive Artemis!E2CEF5E601A3.

Last year McAfee already fixed it, but now it is back. I sent an email to the virus lab, but I never got any answer.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks

Best Regards

Thomas

0 Kudos
9 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False positive Artemis!E2CEF5E601A3

@ thomas75,

Being that you mentioned you were a Company.You may follow the Guidelines/Instructions in the following link: Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs  You should almost immediately receive a Confirmation upon successful submission,with a Analysis ID #. Please save this for future reference,if needed.

In addition,here is another Link with Instructions. Should you utilize McAfee Getsusp, please remember to enter your Email address under "Preferences before scanning.

Regards,

Catdaddy

Volunteer Moderator 1

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
thomas75
Level 7

Hi,

Thanks for your fast answer.

Well, I got this "Analysis ID: 9081721" by email.

Do you know when I will have an answer and when the false positive will be fixed?

Thanks

Best Regards

Thomas

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

@thomas75,

Generally we ask that one allow the appropriate time for a Detection to goe through the process of analysis. Which in a lot of cases takes approximately (4-5) business days. Then of course should your Issues not be resolved by then, please post back the ( Analysis ID #) as you just did in this case.

Quite possibly after doing so, we can expedite the process by Contacting someone in McAfee Labs..

Please understand that with the immense number of Detections on a daily basis ( 150,000 plus) The technicians are very busy. It seems that you indeed have successfully made your submission.

Wishing you all the very best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

Volunteer Moderator 1

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
thomas75
Level 7

Hi,

Thanks a lot.

If I don't have any news, I will contact you.

Thanks

Best Regards

Thomas

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

You are perfectly welcome....

Also, should it be the case your issue is resolved, please mark appropriately that your assistance was both helpful/and answered as we at that point in time can consider this thread resolved.

Thank You,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
thomas75
Level 7

Yes I will do it.

Thanks

Best Regards

Thomas

0 Kudos
thomas75
Level 7

Hi,

Excuse me again, to send false positive URL, how can I do?

Thanks

Best Regards

Thomas

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Since you received a (Analysis ID #) ,your  present submission should suffice. However to answer any further questions, please refer to those Links I inserted. It should inform you of any information you should need.

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
thomas75
Level 7

Great, thanks.

Best Regards

Thomas

0 Kudos