cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moorwrenn
Level 7

False Trojan ARTEMIS!8AB4E97646BD

Has anyone else been inconvenienced by a false identification of a good file as a Trojan Virus with the identity of Artemis!8ab4e97646BD ?   I have tried to get the false identification changed but so far - no joy

maurice

0 Kudos
8 Replies
nchattop
Level 12

Re: False Trojan ARTEMIS!8AB4E97646BD

Hi Maurice,

Thank you for contacting us

We request you to please zip the file in password-protected (password='infected') and email to us on virus_research@avertlabs.com

Regards

Neha C

McAfee SME

0 Kudos
moorwrenn
Level 7

Hi - Thanks for the note.  I am not sure how to zip you the file but I will try to find the instructions to do so - do you have a link to the instructions ?  A copy of the file - called INTRO.EXE - has already been taken from my computer by the McAfee Technical Support team by remote access to my computer some 10/14 days ago - my second attempt at getting some further assistance (without success)  gave me the reference number 484570-754916213.  Intro.exe is a commercially written file for the introduction to a CD-Rom that I sell about model railways - I have been using the file since 2005 without any pronlems until McAfee identified part of the signature as a trojan.

Thanks for your help in this matter - Maurice

0 Kudos
nownitin
Level 12

Hi,

Please see this article on how to send sample to McAfee Labs. http://www.mcafee.com/us/mcafee-labs/resources/how-to-submit-sample.aspx

regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos
moorwrenn
Level 7

Hi - Thanks for the links, however, I do not have WINZIP etc. and Windows 7 which I run has removed the previous possibility to password protect compressed files - I can compress the file and submit it to you, but cannot password preotect it - is that OK ?

maurice

0 Kudos
nownitin
Level 12

ok, compress it and send, you will receive a 7 digit id for that sample, mention that id in this thread.

-Nitin

0 Kudos
moorwrenn
Level 7

Hi - Thanks for that - compressed file submitted - the reply with 7 digit ID - 6756353 - tells me that automated analysis was not able to determine malware and that it was being sent for further analysis.  Thanks.  Maurice

0 Kudos
nchattop
Level 12

Hi Maurice,

Thanks you for the file, we analysed and found file to be clean.

We have further suppressed artemis false and it would take 30mins for the suppression and should no longer trigger

Feel free to contact us further

Regards

Neha C

McAfee SME

0 Kudos
moorwrenn
Level 7

Good morning - I have downloaded the latest 'updates' and my file INTRO.EXE now runs without being zapped.

thanks for your help - it is a shame that Customer Services were unable to solve the problem for me. I seem to have wasted a vast amount of time and effort  following that route of telephone and internet Customer Services  'help' when this process has been very positive and - most importantly - has solved the problem. 

Please feel free to pass on my comments.

Maurice Gunter

0 Kudos