Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Positive

I sure hope I am in the right thread for this. If not let me know, but nicely. I hate when people are trolls on simple tasks.

I recently downloaded a program and tried to install it.

- When installing said program I received the following error:

"An error occurred while trying to read the source file: Access is denied.

Click Retry...Blah blah blah."

- I click retry, it finishes. Then upon trying to start the program I get this error:

"Unable to execute file:

CreateProcess failed; code 2.

The system cannot find the file specified."

I have read their forum and they have come up with that virus protectors are seeing this program as a virus. I have used the restore feature, but to no avail. The program will still not work as the file is not there, even after a "supposed" restore. McAfee did not even notify me that it had removed anything. I am hoping that someone can help me with this.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 9

Re: False Positive

Please submit the sample which you think McAfee falsely detected as described here:

Generally speaking, McAfee will clean silently if that's how your product is configured. If you want to be prompted, you need to configure UserPromt as a default cleaning action.

Even though, you should be able to see the record of the supposed infection in VirusScan log. If there is none, then it's likely that your program disappearance has nothing to do with McAfee.

Hope that helps,

0 Kudos