cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Churrasco
Level 7

False Positive on TOEE.exe

Jump to solution

I have a false positive on the TOEE.exe from the game Temple of Elemental Evil that I bought on GOG.com, I'm sure it's safe as I have bought from this site many times before with no problem, I have send the file many times over the past month+ and it still gets detected as a threat.

The same thing have happened to me before as seen on this thread:https://community.mcafee.com/message/166980#166980

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nownitin
Level 12

Re: False Positive on TOEE.exe

Jump to solution

Hi,

This file has been whitelisted and should no longer trigger, wait for 30 minutes and check, please confirm if issue is fixed.

Regards

Nitin Kumar

McAfee SME

0 Kudos
17 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

If you've sent the file to McAfee from within the quarantine folders its unlikely anything will ever change.   You have to physically submit the file to the Labs and if they still say it's infected, dispute it.  The procedure is all laid out here:   https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Churrasco
Level 7

Jump to solution

Again I can´t send it for the same reasons on the other thread

By the way what is the purpose of that button if nothing happens when I send it that way?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

It is simply reporting it that way, you have to submit it manually for them to test it further.   Did you try the email method as described there?  (After first disabling VirusScan and restoring it from quarantine of course).

0 Kudos
Churrasco
Level 7

Jump to solution

missed the webimmune part, i'll try and see what happens

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

OK, good luck.

0 Kudos
Churrasco
Level 7

Jump to solution

Do you know how long it usually takes for them to check it out?

I send it the 8 of may and still nothing

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

It can take a while accoirding to reports I've heard lately.   It used to be almost immediate at one time.  Did you get an automatic response when you submitted it?

I moved this to the malware area in the hope someone form there will spot it.

0 Kudos
Churrasco
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yea something about a extra.dat file, but I can´t seem to add it to any mcafee folder as it says I don´t have permision even tho I'm on the admin account and I checked the permisions for the folder

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

When did it come in?   It should be included in the regular updates by now but just in case I would apply it anyway and here's how to use an extra.dat file.

But first you will have to disable Access Protection.

Open SecurityCenter by double-clicking the taskbar icon

Click Navigation at top right

Click General Settings and Alerts at left

Click Access protection

Uncheck it.

Click Apply

Do the extra.dat and then re-apply Acess Protection.

0 Kudos