cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Positive for: Artemis!89C8D755928E

VirusToal is reporting that it found "Artemis!89C8D755928E" using the MacFee and McAfee-GW-Edition detection engines for an MSI install that our company developed. 

Here is the VirusToal report: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/2907e664d4cf1f21dea8669bf4399affa29fe2d23d841e06e5a376c3bb7983a8...

How do we get this false positive corrected?

3 Replies

Re: False Positive for: Artemis!89C8D755928E

Follow

How to submit virus samples and false positives to McAfee

You will get an immediate reply if the submission works. If the file too big post back and I will show you another way

I used option 2 and emailed the incident, but never heard back. However, I was able to resolve the issue being reported. It looks like it was detected because the version number on an EXE in the install was modified after it was compiled using a version patching tool that modified the executable to change the version number. This was done because VB6 does not allow you to compile an executable with a third version number digit. From my perspective, this issue is resolved.

OK something must have been amiss with your submission file size or type. No matter glad you sorted it

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community