cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Positive as Malware for a LED Controller App

An Android app I need to use with a LED Controller is being flagged as Malware by McAfee, however I have been assured by the supplier of the controller, and the app, that it is clean. 

It is being detected on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge within Setttings->Device Maintenance->Device Security which is powered by McAfee.

The app is not available on Google Play and is specifically for use with this LED controller:

https://www.superlightingled.com/dc724v-newest-led-wifi-dream-color-music-spectrum-dmx-cascaded-cont...

The app is downloadable from the site of the supplier of the controller here:

https://www.superlightingled.com/PDF/Viais-LED.apk

How can I get the status of this app confirmed and the McAfee Malware definitions updated if it is a false positive?

Thanks,

Fergal 

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: False Positive as Malware for a LED Controller App

---

--Hello

The following, although written a while back for Windows, may give you ideas on how to deal with thid.  Probably the owner of the software will have to get it cleared,

What To Do When McAfee Wrongly Detects Something

---
Peter
Toronto, Canada
---

Moderator selvan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

hello 

I discussed this with our Mobile Support and it looks like we need screenshots and logs to whitelist this app. Note that the App's behaviour will be monitored for a while before we can white-list.

To begin the process please open a request with Mobile Support

it was working smooth on my iPad Pro when it was running on ios 10 however as I have updated to ios 11.3 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.