Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iobitsupport
Level 8

False Positive: Wizard.exe/False Artemis!C3ED3AB08B0F

Jump to solution

Dear McAfee support,

This is Lily from IObit.

McAfee-GW-Edition and McAfee LiveSafe falsely report our application Wizard.exe as Artemis! Wizard.exe is a application of Advanced SystemCare 10 and it is 100% clean. Please review the reported file as we believe this is a false detection. Hope you can help remove the alert asap.

Below is the download link of the reported file Wizard.exe. Password: infected.

Link removed until deemed safe by McAfee

Here is the scan result of VirusTotal.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/7f06277f8919e767a0a0c89e3cd1a9796fd8e06f2559c0a1f0258e2cbdd305c6/...

If you need more information, feel free to let me know.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iobitsupport
Level 8

Re: False Positive: Wizard.exe/False Artemis!C3ED3AB08B0F

Jump to solution

Hi Cliff,

Good news. The false positive was resolved. Thank you very much for helping solve the issue so quickly.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Positive: Wizard.exe of Advanced SystemCare being detected by McAfee

Jump to solution

Moved from LiveSafe to Artemis Discussion>Discussions

By

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Positive: Wizard.exe of Advanced SystemCare being detected by McAfee

Jump to solution

Hi Lily,

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions to submit your software to be Analyzed/Processed.

PUP Detection Dispute Form

Alternatively can also use

Note:  Please know that until McAfee has Analyzed your Software, For the safety of others I have removed it.

If after your submission, you have not received any correspondence, please post back and inform me/us. We can then escalate your issue on your behalf.

All the very Best,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
iobitsupport
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for your reply.

Before I posted in this here, I had already tried all methods you mentioned to submit our software without any reply. I also sent several email with the reported software to the email address virus_research@mcafee.com without any further assistance. I only received the following auto-reply message.  This is a urgent issue as IObit and McAfee have lots of mutual customers. This false detection will bring much trouble to our customers. Hope you can guide to get a direct contact to McAfee Labs to solve the FP asap.

McAfee Labs - Beaverton Current Scan Engine Version:5800.7501 Current DAT Version:8379.0000 Thank you for your submission. Analysis ID: 10249994 File Name Findings Detection Type Extra --------------------|------------------------------|----------------------------|------------|----- wizard.exe |inconclusive | | |no inconclusive [wizard.exe] Automated analysis was not able to determine that this file is malware. This file is being sent for further processing and the DAT files will potentially be updated if detection of this sample is warranted. Note – Due to the prevalence of network gateway AV products, it is important that all submissions be zipped and the zip file password-protected (password - infected). Some products will reject an email that contains a virus that is not sent in this way. In addition, often we receive a file that appears not to have been infected, to find later that the file was infected when it left the sender, and was cleaned somewhere along the line. Regards, McAfee Labs )

Hope you can further help me.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

May I asked if you (Zipped and Password Protected) your sample with the word   infected   ? I will take your Analysis Id # and contact someone from McAfee Labs on your behalf, and escalate.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
iobitsupport
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, I have zipped the sample with the password "infected" as requested. Please help take this Analysis ID: 10249994 to McAfee Labs colleague and escalate.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Please be informed that your case has been escalated. Your escalation Ticket Number is as follows Ticket #: AM000765- False Artemis!

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
iobitsupport
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Cliff,

Good news. The false positive was resolved. Thank you very much for helping solve the issue so quickly.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Glad that your issue is resolved.  I might add that (all) of the Credit should go to the (unwavering) support/assistance the McAfee Technicians/Engineers provide. For us Mods are simply the 'Messenger', if you will.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
iobitsupport
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Cliff,

McAfee-GW-Edition and McAfee again falsely report Wizard.exe of our Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 10 this time. Please view the scan result from VirusTotal:

Antivirus scan for c98483fd8355cc9bbbdfd7671010d3f4e4c63a088418ad23be5c7b0d8182b1cc at2017-01-09 07:19:34 UTC - VirusTot…

Please escalate the issue and take this Analysis ID: 10270097 to McAfee Labs colleague.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos