cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Positive- Legitimate software detected as Win32.Adware

Jump to solution

A legitimate software DupInOut Duplicate Finder (DupInOut_Setup.exe) is being falsely identified as behaveslike.win32.adwarefiletour.th.

VirusTotal Link:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/8de22e0c681a6d38f9edc0dc7dd8b101fffff681677787ce5dfa42ebe4c3f0a6...

DupInOut Duplicate Finder is a legitimate duplicate files finder software that follows the best industry practices and strictly adheres to the Google Software Principles. The software is clean and safe and it does not engage in any dangerous, malicious or suspicious activities.

I request you to kindly fix this false positive asap. Thank you so much for your time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: False Positive- Legitimate software detected as Win32.Adware

Jump to solution

Sorry I am only an user like you but will try to send the VT details to my old contact. If not a mod could;d help

Ok emailed my McAfee contact note also VT goes by what McAfee says so they them selves do not change things.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Jump to solution

submit the file as well as the VT link you gave as per

How to submit virus samples and false positives to McAfee

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply!

I have already submitted an email request according to this guideline https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85567

I have received a reply stating the automated analysis was not able to determine that the file is a malware.. (Analysis ID: 11034936)

Could you please forward your findings to the VirusTotal so that they whitelist my file accordingly and it is no longer detected as a malware?

Thank you and I appreciate your time.

Regards

Jump to solution

My apologizes. The improved new build's Analysis ID is: 11035157 and the VirusTotal link is as follows:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/da1c23ff10e11828756d287e1a3863ab5c62449e44a3bfe4d2abd80a22959da5...

Jump to solution

Sorry I am only an user like you but will try to send the VT details to my old contact. If not a mod could;d help

Ok emailed my McAfee contact note also VT goes by what McAfee says so they them selves do not change things.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution
Oh, that's okay..

I was wondering why VirusTotal continues to show the file as malicious so many days after even McAfee's automated analysis email determined it was not.

Jump to solution
The file appears clean now. Thank you so much for your help!

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community