cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bitcro
Level 7

False Positive Detection Artemis!53766AC94DDA

Hello,

I am Drago Dragičević, CEO at Cro-Bit Ltd.

Our software is BitCro Social, browser extension installer for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer.

I have sent detailed explanation of our product and samples on your mail few days ago,
but we didnt recieve any answer and false positive detection still exsist.

We used solution 2 to send samples on your mail: virus_research@mcafee.com

Seems it is automaticly adding detection to our updater and extension installer as "Artemis!53766AC94DDA".

Please check what is going on with these false positive detections.
We want to make sure our affiliate and end users will not be interrupted by false positive detections from McAfee.

Thank you,

Drago Dragičević

CEO@Cro-Bit Ltd.

Advertising and Affiliate Network

0 Kudos
24 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: False Positive Detection Artemis!53766AC94DDA

Solution 2 here I assume:  https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66642&pmv=print

Did you zip the files and password-protect them as per these instructions?

Submit samples to McAfee Labs via email:
You can submit samples directly to McAfee Labs by emailing virus_research@avertlabs.com and attaching the file(s) for review. When submitting samples via email, ensure your attachments are contained in password-protected .zip files with the password infected (all lowercase). If the automated system is unable to determine if there is a valid threat, your submission will be escalated for further analysis. For more information on creating a .zip file, see:

IMPORTANT: The .zip file must be no be larger than 10 MB and cannot have more than 30 files.

If they were sent correctly you should have recieved an automatic acknowledgement almost immediately.    A human response follows usually a few days later.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 21/06/14 8:09:41 EDT AM
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

it Generally takes (4-5) buisness days for detections to be analyzed. After the appropiate time has passed. Please post back the Analysis ID # associated with your email confirmation.

I realise that (4-5) days for a Corporate/Buisness Entity, may seem like an eternity. However taking into consideration the "Enormous amount of detections" that are recieved by the Global Threat Intelligent Base on a daily basis,hopefully explains things.

Quite possibly one of us can expedite matters, should your submission still has not been resolved.

Wishing you the Best,

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 6/21/14 8:43:31 AM EDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
bitcro
Level 7

Hello,

Thanks for fast response.

Seems we submited .zip samples,

but we forgot to add password infected to .zip file.

I will re submit false positive detected files with .zip password now.

Thank you,

Drago Dragicevic

CEO@Cro-Bit Ltd.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Ah, that's very important.  They would simply ignore and discard any emails without password protected files.  I'm glad we checked that.

Good luck ;-)

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Good Luck....Also could you kindly confirm that you recieved an "Automated" reply back from McAfee Labs, and Analysis Id #?  Following the suggestions that Moderator-Ex_Brit should most definitely assist you.

Especially due to the fact, he is the one whom created that Particular Document.

All the best,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
bitcro
Level 7

Hello,

I re submited av samples.zip with password "infected" on mail: virus_research@mcafee.com for false positives.

Seems I still havent recieved automatic reply with Analysis ID #.

As I can see, you have advised me to send false positive samples on this mail: virus_research@avertlabs.com.

Is there any difference?

Thank you,

Drago Dragičević

CEO@Cro-Bit Ltd.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Actually there are two conflicting addresses in two different spots so assume either one should work.   This web page specifies the McAfee.com one so maybe I should query that one when I next speak to McAfee.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/threat-center/resources/how-to-submit-sample.aspx

0 Kudos
bitcro
Level 7

I have sent samples on both emails.

Hopefuly you will be able to analyse false positive detections soon.

Thank you,

Drago Dragičević

CEO@Cro-Bit Ltd.

0 Kudos
vinoo
Level 13

Since this is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) detection dispute by the vendor - could you submit using the following dispute form please?

https://secure.mcafee.com/apps/mcafee-labs/dispute-form.aspx

Thanks,

Vinoo

0 Kudos