Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashraib
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

False Positive BehavesLike.Win32.Tool.tc

Jump to solution

McAfee-GW-Edition reports all our 64-Bit product versions as "BehavesLike.Win32.Tool.tc".

The software product is a simple disk space analysis utility and there are no malware components in the product.

Here is an example false positive report:

http://www.disksavvy.com/setups_x64/disksavvypro_setup_v8.9.16_x64.exe

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/990782e581794fb7f60d9aefa508369eb4dbd262382649da482700b6b2c34ca7/...

The 32-Bit version of the same product, which is built exactly from the same source code, is reported to be clean:

http://www.disksavvy.com/setups/disksavvypro_setup_v8.9.16.exe

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/14a84060f9089f86a3ee52f0563c4fdb44c2917f1ff00200dcb382107c618851/...

We have exactly the same problem with all our recently released product versions, but for the 64-Bit version only.

Can anyone help to resolve the issue?

--

Best Regards,

Alex Shraib.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Re: False Positive BehavesLike.Win32.Tool.tc

Jump to solution

​,

I just received the following back from McAfee Labs;

( Sample have been Whitelisted. Kindly allow 24 hours for reflection )

If you would kindly confirm when your issues have been resolved, and the Detections have indeed been suppressed?  This will go a long way in knowing this thread has been 'Answered' and we can close this thread.

Thanks .

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
9 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

​,

Being the Owner of the software in question, kindly follow these Instructions to help get your issue resolved; Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

In certain instances , one may have an issue submitting due to not being aware of the (Dat/Version) in which McAfee detected it with. Should you experience such, kindly post back and apprise us. We can then attempt to escalate your issue on your behalf internally to McAfee Labs.

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
ashraib
Level 7
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help.

I have tried to use the link, but need the following details about the McAfee-GW-Edition product, which reports the problem:

* Product and version

* Engine Version

* .DAT Version

The false positive is reported on https://www.virustotal.com

But, I cannot find the product name, version, etc. about the McAfee-GW-Edition product.

Is there a way to identify which version of McAfee-GW-Edition is used by VirusTotal?

--

Thanks for your help.

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Just as I thought could possibly occur, indeed did.. I will attempt to contact someone from McAfee Labs, on your behalf. Quite possibly they can take the Threat Detection and possibly analyze. I assume you are not using a Corporate McAfee Product?

Please keep checking to see if your issue gets resolved. In addition hopefully there can be another method of submitting available to complete the process.

During the interim, kindly attempt submitting through these Instructions. In addition ,you can run the McAfee ' Getsusp Tool'.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68030

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Please be informed I did contact someone on your behalf. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

Your Service Request Ticket Number is AM000526

I hope this was Helpful....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
ashraib
Level 7
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your help!

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

​,

I just received the following back from McAfee Labs;

( Sample have been Whitelisted. Kindly allow 24 hours for reflection )

If you would kindly confirm when your issues have been resolved, and the Detections have indeed been suppressed?  This will go a long way in knowing this thread has been 'Answered' and we can close this thread.

Thanks .

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
ashraib
Level 7
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help.

I have just checked and it looks like the issue has been resolved.

Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

​,

Thank you   Much appreciation goes to the Engineer at McAfee Labs for being so expedient in assisting us. I am glad that your issues have been resolved.

All the very Best,

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

It also is quite possible that someone may add to the discussion from the (Corporate) side of the Equation. As I am basically from the (Consumer Side). However do often assist users with False Artemis/Malware Detections.

Just thought I would add that....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community