cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c24dogem
Level 7

False Positive Artemis!

I have an error that McAfee continues to post every time I turn the computer on.  It is says that it is located but can not delete it  because it is in use.  The location is C:\Documents and settings\Moi\local settings\Temp\23702738961.nls. The McAfee error pops up and then advises me to restart, I do...and I get the same error over and over again, no matter how many times I restart.  What can I do to get rid of this error?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SamSwift
Level 12

Re: False Positive Artemis!

Hi,

Could you provide the full detection name please so we can look into this for you?

Thanks!

Sam

0 Kudos
c24dogem
Level 7

Thank you, it is Artemis!BA6B87AD8E4B.  It is driving me crazy, I can't get anything done since it just keeps popping up and stopping anything I want to do.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Treswell
Level 7

Hi,

I have the same problem.  Threat deated is "Artemis!BA6B87AD8E4B" and can't be removed.  Its located in the Path C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\21191178249.nls.

Is this something to be worried about?  I'm not very techie and this is worrying me.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
c24dogem
Level 7

I have had this problem ever since the big McAfee blow up a few weeks ago that crashed thousands of computers.  My computer hasn't been the same since!  I spent almost 4 hours on the phone trying to get the original problem fixed...now I have this issue and it is ALSO caused by McAfee.  Almost seems I would be better off without the "protection".

0 Kudos