cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prof.greko
Level 7

False Positive Artemis!CF8F411B5925

Hello,

This file is a setup of our software where we made research for an university project. It is considered as a False Positive. Can you please fix it?

It is the same problem for Artemis!DBE716C6381E.

Thanks

Best Regards

Prof. Greko

0 Kudos
10 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Positive Artemis!CF8F411B5925

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions:

Consumer

Corporate

Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

Submit a Virus or Malware Sample | McAfee Labs

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
prof.greko
Level 7

Hi,

I did it already but it is written that I have to post it on the forum also.

Best Regards

Prof. Greko

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I see...In that case due to the Large volume on a daily basis ( 150,000 ) Detections or more. Please allow 4-5 business days to be Analyzed/Processed. If not resolved by then, please post back the Analysis ID # you should have received confirming your submission was successful.

Then we can contact Technician/Engineer on your behalf and quite possibly expedite the process.

Thank you for your Patience

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
prof.greko
Level 7

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

I didn't got any Analysis ID# after I sent my email.

Just to confirm, I just have to send an email with subject "False Positive Artemis!CF8F411B5925" and that's all? Or do I have to write something in the corps of the message and join the false positive exe file with it?

Thanks

Best Regards

Prof. Greko

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

If I may also add...Each individual Artemis Detection has to be sent ,zipped/password protected/and cannot be over 10mbs/30mbs max.

You can also use the McAfee Getsusp Tool for submission. As long as it does not exceed the acceptable file size.

Simply remember to add your Email Address before Scanning, under "Preferences".

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
prof.greko
Level 7

Hi,

How long does it take to get my ID#?

Thanks

Best Regards

Prof. Greko

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

If you follow those instructions with-in those FAQ'S, you should almost instantly receive a confirmation from McAfee Labs. When you submit through Getsusp, you should receive a 'Work Item #'  When zipping/password protecting and submitting that way, you should receive an Analysis ID #.

When submitting samples via E-mail all samples must be packaged in a .ZIP file.

Additionally, any .ZIP file created must be password-protected (encrypted) using the password "infected" (minus the "") - using the basic or default zipping level - some compression software offers varying degrees.  Failure to follow these guidelines will cause your submission to be rejected.

If you've done that properly an automated response should be received almost immediately, followed by a manual one, usually within 24 - 48 hours.

If you don't receive anything it either means the file was submitted incorrectly or the response is sitting in your Junk or Spam mail folders.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
prof.greko
Level 7

Hi,

Do I have to respect a password zip file?

Thanks

Best Regards

Prof. Greko

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I am not quite certain I understand your question? Please kindly follow those Guidelines and all should be okay.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos