Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
383media
Level 7

False Positive: Artemis!88E77A869D60

Jump to solution

Hello McAfee Team/Community,

VirusTotal.com is showing that our product Driver Whiz is being flagged twice by McAfee as malware/malicious software.

McAfee:                       Artemis!88E77A869D60

McAfee GW-Edition:     Artemis

I want to submit our product through the Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

The form requires more specific info on which McAfee product is flagging us including the Engine Version and .DAT Version.  How do I find this information?  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: False Positive: Artemis!88E77A869D60

Jump to solution

Sorry for the delay, I've whitelisted the file.  Please confirm it's no longer detected.

- David

0 Kudos
25 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I will contact someone on your behalf from McAfee Labs to add to this discussion. Given the fact it is a weekend, and Holiday weekend here in the States (USA), will determine how quickly he can get back with you.

All the very Best,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I might add that when doing a Web Advisor Site report, the site is 'Safe' http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/site/default.aspx?url=http://www.whiz-solutions.com/index....

Is this the Company's site for the software? I might add also, please no Links/Attachments until McAfee has cleared/analyzed.

Thank you,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
383media
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response CD.  That is not our site unfortunately.  It would be DriverWhiz.com, but I checked it as well and received the same 'Safe' minimal risk review.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thank you ,

I did indeed contact an Engineer from McAfee whom deals with the Artemis Detections. I provided the 'Artemis Detection' in which you posted. It very well could be a False Positive. Hopefully we will hear back in short order, primarily due to the Holiday Weekend.

All the Best,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
383media
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey CD,

Any updates on this?  I still don't think I have heard anything back since the holiday weekend.

Thanks

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Unfortunately I cannot say I have. I will escalate it one step higher, and contact David once again to see if they can get on it in short order. Thank you for your patience...

Please be informed that I indeed did just that

Regards,

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Jump to solution

Sorry for the delay, I've whitelisted the file.  Please confirm it's no longer detected.

- David

0 Kudos
383media
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks David.  I'm happy to get this resolved finally.

-Stephen

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Glad that all is okay now   All the very Best.

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos