cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Positive: Artemis!5EE3293300D4

Hi Cliff,

Need your help again.

This time System Care detected by McAfee Antivirus. System Care is a genuine software for windows that optimize windows PC for better performance. This software does not contains adware, installs toolbars, hijack browsers or has other unclear objectives. It is not involved in any kind of malicious activities. The website of System Care is McAfee Secure Certified. check the link given below:-

Certified Site www.globalpcworks.com

I have submitted this file to McAfee Labs and the Analysis ID is: 10234729

Regards,

Ashish Parihar

0 Kudos
9 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Positive: Artemis!5EE3293300D4

Hi Ashish,

As usual following protocol, your issue has been escalated and the Ticket number is as follows

Ticket #: AM000735 - False Artemis!. Thank you for providing the Analysis ID #. Please allow the labs time to analyze.

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
desertgal
Level 10

Hi Ashish,

This sample has been reclassified as a PUP(Potentially Unwanted Program). The sample will be detected as PUP PCSystem-Care .It violates our policy by installing the bundled software onto the system with no user notification.

Thank you,

DG

Hi Cliff & DG,

I am really very disappointed with the given answer. we do not bundle any software with System Care. I have been an ardent fan of McAfee and Recently We have also started working in Partnership with McAfee Inc for the McAfee Antivirus Distribution. We use the McAfee Secure Seal on many other websites as well.

So, Being a valuable customer and a verified partner, I would again urge you to look at it, and then reach a fair conclusion. Still if you found any bundled software, Please provide me with the screenshot. we can fix things to remove the detection completely.

Regards,

Ashish Parihar

0 Kudos
desertgal
Level 10

Hi Ashish,

The detection will remain - please go ahead and fill out the customer dispute form:

https://secure.mcafee.com/apps/mcafee-labs/dispute-form.aspx

Thank you,

DG

catdaddy
Level 20

Hi Ashish,

Just a follow-up, could you confirm if you are still experiencing issues? In addition have you submitted a Lab Dispute form as requested? Looking forward to getting your issue resolved.

Regards,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Hi Cliff,

As I can see that your team is not going to fix this. So I didn't filled any form.

This matter is forwarded to our legal department.  I think they will sort this out in a better way.

Regards,

Ashish

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Thank you for your correspondence

Wishing you all of the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Hi Ashish,

I am taking the liberty of marking this thread as 'Assumed Answered', per Lab Technician (DesertGal) response. (Post #2)

All the very Best,

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Locking this discussion as there has been no further feedback.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos