cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

False Positive, Analysis IDs: 10901778 and 10897962

Hi, 

In reference to the case with the service request number 2738563837: Your products are falsely identifying our software as a suspect because of our online licensing system Copyminder.

We have filed two false-positive reports (Analysis IDs: 10901778 and 10897962) with regard to this matter. The findings of your automated system have been inconclusive in both cases and we haven't received any follow-up from you since the initial reporting on January 19.  

We'd appreciate it if you could review our reports and add our software to the safe list. As this matter is causing many of our clients to complain about your product and triggering a financial burden for us, we'd appreciate it if you could resolve this issue swiftly.

Looking forward to your speedy response,

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: False Positive, Analysis IDs: 10901778 and 10897962

Hi @sw-nubigon-adm,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us.

I do not understand what product the issue corresponds to, however, I went ahead and tried to look this Service Request up in our Enterprise Database with no luck. May I know which product is triggering a false positive for the same?

Also, Can you contact our Support via a Service Request, either via one of your customers who have a support contract with us or contact Customer care and log a Support request on a temporary Grant# request since this would certainly be required to have one for further investigation with samples.

The above would apply is the detecting products are McAfee Endpoint Security and VirusScan Enterprise as that is my domain of expertise.

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted

Thanks for looking into this. We tried to contact Customer Care and have them issue a temporary grant # but after being passed around between two departments, they were not able to identify who'd be able to issue that.

Alas, here is the rest of the information you requested and the automated answers we have received to our False Positive Reports: 

Product:
McAfee LiveSafe
Version: 16.0
Release Name 16.0 R23

Components
McAfee SecurityCenter
Version: 18.3
Build: 18.3.201
Affid: 1289

McAfee VirusScan
Version: 22.8
Build: 22.8.174
Engine version: 3956.0

First False Positive Report Answer: 

McAfee Labs - Beaverton
Current Scan Engine Version:6000.8403
Current DAT Version:9505.0000
Thank you for your submission.

Analysis ID: 10897962

File Name Findings Detection Type Extra
--------------------|------------------------------|----------------------------|------------|-----
nubigon.exe |inconclusive | | |no

inconclusive [nubigon.exe]

Second False Positive Report Answer: 

McAfee Labs - Beaverton
Current Scan Engine Version:6000.8403
Current DAT Version:9514.0000
Thank you for your submission.

Analysis ID: 10901778

File Name Findings Detection Type Extra
--------------------|------------------------------|----------------------------|------------|-----
nubigon.exe |inconclusive | | |no

inconclusive [nubigon.exe]

Any help in resolving this issue swiftly would be greatly appreciated. 

Best, 

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Hi @sw-nubigon-adm,

Thank you for your response. I have looked into the analysis and we do not have any detection based on DATs for McAfee Endpoint Security (ENS) or Virus Scan Enterprise (VSE). McAfee LiveSafe is a consumer product that is usually handled in a different forum - https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Consumer-Forums/ct-p/mcafee-consumer

So I can see a detection that would come up only when users have a specific product installed - Real protect. I can confirm that there is no DAT based detection. If you are not a McAfee product user, you may not have to worry about the technical part of it.

I shall investigate this further from my end. Please bear with me while I get a resource to work on this for you. meanwhile, it would be very helpful if you can try contacting out Enterprise Customer  care again for your region for a temp Grant#. You can DM me the same and i can have the SR created for you. Alternatively, if you have a client using McAfee, you can request them to create a Service Request on your behalf and you can DM me the number and I shall investigate on that as well.

Also, it would be really helpful if you can help me with detection information of this file (like a screenshot of the event or scan log) from any of your customers.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community