cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
puddinpop
Level 7

False Detection Artemis!65A5B4FBCAC1

Hello All,

I'm having some issues with a file. I'm using AT&T Internet security suite powered by McAfee and It seems every time I go to install this program McAfee catches this file and gets rid of it saying that it is a Trojan. I've used this program before and know that it's 100% safe. It's even talked about it here https://community.mcafee.com/message/215360#215360 . My question is, is there anyway around this? Maybe not having McAfee scan this one folder, or even telling mcafee that this file is safe?

I've called AT&T and they could not help and then contacted McAfee for me. I spoke to a guy there which then used remote access to try and fix the problem and what he did was check mark the box that says "Do not show this alert again" and told me it was fixed. I called him out on it and he kept telling me it was my Firewall from McAfee. I told him this file has nothing to do with the firewall that it's the virus scanning. He then told me it's not McAfee that's doing it and that I should contact AT&T again and talk to them.

So here I am now seeing if anybody here could shed some light on this for me or point me in the right direction.

Here is a photo of the trojan that I am getting

trojanimg.jpg

Thank you!

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 14/04/12 11:40:46 EDT AM
0 Kudos
11 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: False Detection Artemis!65A5B4FBCAC1

Moved to Artemis Discussion.

Artemis is a proprietary name given to unknowns detected by VirusScan and submitted to the labs for analysis.   The number is different for each detection.

Here's an article I prepared on what to do when you know the detection is wrong:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 14/04/12 11:41:01 EDT AM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I altered the header so that it will catch the eye of that department if and when they patrol the forums.

0 Kudos
puddinpop
Level 7

software name - ISXEQ2.dll

version - None

file path - C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Extensions

forums - http://www.isxgames.com/forums/forum.php

0 Kudos
puddinpop
Level 7

Analysis ID: 6999274

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Have you followed the guidelines here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

0 Kudos
puddinpop
Level 7

yes, I've posted the analysis code above and just resent it again

NEW

Analysis ID: 6999881

is there any other info that I am missing on my end?

Message was edited by: puddinpop on 4/19/12 9:59:15 PM CDT
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

If it's still being detected as Artemis then do the following:

f something is identified, maybe wrongly as "Artemis" then McAfee already knows about it.  Merely send an email to  Virus_Research@avertlabs.com  with the Artemis detection name and the words "False Artemis!++++++" (where ++++ is the code given to it) as the subject line. (Minus the "").  Also post  in the Artemis forum with the Artemis!xxxxxxx number as the header and put an explanation in the body of the post.  That gives you a double chance at getting it dealt with quickly.

Meanwhile I'll stri the pot at my end.

0 Kudos
puddinpop
Level 7

on April 19 I did it that way...

Ex_Brit wrote:

If it's still being detected as Artemis then do the following:

f something is identified, maybe wrongly as "Artemis" then McAfee already knows about it.  Merely send an email to  Virus_Research@avertlabs.com  with the Artemis detection name and the words "False Artemis!++++++" (where ++++ is the code given to it) as the subject line. (Minus the "").  Also post  in the Artemis forum with the Artemis!xxxxxxx number as the header and put an explanation in the body of the post.  That gives you a double chance at getting it dealt with quickly.

Meanwhile I'll stri the pot at my end.

and then on the 18th I did it this way....

Email file to: Virus_Research@avertlabs.com

When submitting samples via E-mail all samples must be packaged in a .ZIP file and email header should start with the word "False" (minus the "").

Additionally, any .ZIP file created must be password-protected using the password "infected" (minus the "") - using the basic or default zipping level - some compression software offers varying degrees. Failure to follow these guidelines will cause your submission to be rejected.

If you've done that properly an automated response should be received almost immediately, followed by a manual one, usually within 24 - 48 hours.

If you don't receive anything it either means the file was submitted incorrectly or the response is sitting in your Junk or Spam mail folders.

thank you for helping

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

There was no need to send it zipped as it's an Artemis detection- meaning they already have it listed as an unknown and are investigating.  I'm sorry it is taking so long but they will get back to you as soon as they can.

0 Kudos