Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
media
Level 7

False Artemis

Jump to solution

Hello,

The new version of our application - Mediaget is again detected by McAfee-GW-Edition and McAfee:

Detecion name: Artems

and it says that "download is potentially dangerous": 1434018419041.jpg

We've already sent it to whitelist via Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

Also, we tried to send it to virus_research@mcafee.com, but get reply: Denied by policy (in reply to end of DATA command)

Can you please add this to whitelist?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Artemis

Jump to solution

Please be informed that I have sent a email on your behalf. You should be hearing something back from him, exactly when I cannot say. Hopefully sooner, rather than later.

All the Best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
21 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

It would seem if it is your software you used the proper submission method. Could you attempt following these guidelines/instructions;  Submit a Virus or Malware Sample | McAfee Labs Also could you provide the 12 character Artemis! associated with the detection?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I assume you zipped it and password protected your submission? Colleague Ex_Brit mentioned this procedure in this thread ;

It seems we were successful back in January of this year, submitting and getting that Detection analysed/whitelisted.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
media
Level 7

Jump to solution

I provided a download link in email because the file is 35mb and is not allowed to send.

Also, there is no Artemis number, I checked via virustotal and it says only the word "Artemis".

Also, our local McAfee gives us only warning about dangerous download: please see the screenshot above.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I did see that. It seems that the file size exceeds the limit in order to send. We have brought this up in Conference call before as what to do in this case. Even attempting to send via ' Getsusp' the limit for that is 10mb. I will attempt to contact someone from McAfee Labs on your behalf.

Also you could contact through your Service Portal as well.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
media
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, will wait for reply. We've already raised this question for our old version here:
but we got no exact conclusion how to completely whitelist the application for the future.

We would be very glad if you help us to resolve it.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

During the interim, please keep in mind that we are 'Volunteer' Moderators/Users the same as you. As always any determination is left up to McAfee Labs. We strive to assist with-in our limits. Thankfully our Contacts kindly allow us to attempt to expedite an issue, when is presented as such. That being when they have a workload on a daily basis, as it is

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

If you place it in a drop box and give us the link here (Private messaging better but it is a hit and hit re working atm). Then I can ftp it to an area that is the way I did it last time.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thank you PK

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I also just heard back from my contact, that they have been overwhelmed today. And would review your issue tomorrow.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos