cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

False Artemis reports removed program(s) without asking.

I posted a question 2 days ago concerning some items constantly being quarantined because of artemis reports, it got moved and i found this section. A temporary workaround would be to disable my Real-Time scanning, but I don't want to keep it off all the time because active scans are safer since you get an immediate reaction when something really bad enters your computer but when I turn it on it quarantines the items again. However, this time McAfee didn't quarantine them, it REMOVED my programs completely without asking which makes the situation worse, as i will now have to reinstall my program(s) with is extremely frustrating and annoying. see my false artemis reports below:

artemis report numbers:

MW4ED2.EXE (same file, there is only one version yet it got quarantined thrice):

Artemis!

1BD0693D973B  (2x)

Artemis!

2EE0F0CF16CF  (1x)

MW4MERCS.EXE:

(renamed  to MW4MERCS.OLD since there was a hotfix released for online pla)

Suspect-02!

920C5BFB7135

MECHWARRIOR4MERCENARIES.ALL.TO.51.0.2.01.0017.zip  (the free release package itself)

Artemis!

5DF6F318DEA1

MW4MERCS.EXE  (the new hotfix):

Artemis!

B283193C97D9 (1x)

Artemis!

920C5BFB7135

these are only those from MechWarrior 4: Free Release, but there were some other game exe's as well. don't know their reports or which game files they were though.

I asked in my last thread and I will ask again, can you PLEASE make a trust button for already quarantined items asap, for people who prefer McAfee not to pop-up all the time, making full-screen programs minimize (assuming there is an option to let McAfee ask me to what to do with a file again after I selected 'never ask me again', i haven't found it yet)

Message was edited by: 134127 on 5/11/10 11:35:32 AM CDT

Message was edited by: 134127 on 5/11/10 11:37:24 AM CDT
0 Kudos
16 Replies
nchattop
Level 12

Re: False Artemis reports removed program(s) without asking.

Hi

We have whitelisted all the files, mentioned in this mail.

As Artemis is updated in real-time there is no requirement to wait for a full DAT update nor to use an EXTRA.DAT intermediate solution. Simply wait approximately 30 minutes and this false will no longer exist or trigger on your system. Depending on the network settings you have or the caching involved between your system and ours it may take slightly longer for this false alarm to be resolved.

Feel free to contact us further for any query.

Regards

Neha Chattopadhyay

McAfee SME

0 Kudos
IceNinja
Level 7

Hello, I too am having issues with McAfee and the new Mechwarrior free release.

McAfee finds and removes the following.

Artemis!7F7DE95E75F0  in MW4MERCS.EXE & MECHWARRIOR4MERCENARIES.ALL.TO.51.03.01.0021.MTX

Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.Also please advise if more info is required.

Thanks

IceNinja

Message was edited by: IceNinja on 5/18/10 6:00:31 AM CDT
0 Kudos
nchattop
Level 12

Hi IceNinja,

Thank you for providing us the detection, we checked the file further and no malware was found. Hence we have suppressed the Artemis!7F7DE95E75F0  in MW4MERCS.EXE. Please wait for 30 minutes and this false will no longer exist or trigger on your system.

Feel free to submit your sample on www.webimmune.net

Regards

Neha Chattopadhyay

McAfee SME

0 Kudos
IceNinja
Level 7

Hi Neha,

Thanks for you speedy responce to my issue. I tried to submit a sample yesterday with an AT&T/McAfee tech but we could not get it to upload,I may have some service/s turned off that`s causing it not to upload.I will try again to upload a sample.

Reguards

IceNinja

P.S. I waited for 2 hours ...McAfee still quarantines the file.Could you be more specific as to what I`m waiting for? and /or is there something I need to enable or update? etc.

Thanks

P.S.

Working great now no more detections/quarantines. Many thanks to you and your detection team.

IceNinja

Message was edited by: IceNinja on 5/18/10 7:02:43 PM CDT

Message was edited by: IceNinja on 5/19/10 5:54:54 AM CDT
0 Kudos
bambam511
Level 7

as of last night at 9:30pm CDT, mine was still pulling the MW4MERCS.EXE file into quartine. Will check for updates and pull it out of quartine this afternoon with i get home from work..*crosses fingers* thanks

0 Kudos
bambam511
Level 7

just updated...no more issues with exe file..thanks so much

0 Kudos
nchattop
Level 12

Thats Gr8, in future you can submit the sample in password-protected zipped file on our link: www.webimmune.net

Regards

Neha

0 Kudos
IceNinja
Level 7

Answered

Message was edited by: IceNinja on 6/17/10 5:40:15 PM CDT
0 Kudos
Don-np
Level 7

The program Stylewriter by Editor Software "SW4.exe" is being removed from my computer. This is a false report. What can I do to allow this program to work. Thanks

Peace,

Don

0 Kudos