cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
droidterran
Level 7

False Artemis!f4a4a

Dear McAfee Team,

We are the developer of an Android Game, Pinball Pro (URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PinballGame ). The game has been downloaded more than 1 million times but today we got some email from our users saying that the game is detected as virus by McAfee Mobile Security...

We did not put any virus in our game. And we only put some ads in the game. Please kindly help us look into this issue.

We appreciate your kind help very much.

PS: It would be of great help if you can also let us know why the game is classified as virus.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
12 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: False Artemis!f4a4a

That Artemis number is incomplete can you clarify it please so they can look it up.

Meanwhile here are some tips on what to do when this happens:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

0 Kudos
droidterran
Level 7

Dear,

This is the exactly Artemis number I got from McAfee Mobile Security. Please kindly see the attached screen shot for details. Also you can download our game, Pinball Pro (by TerranDroid), directly from Google Play.

pinball pro.png

Please kindly help us look into this issue. We respect McAfee very much and it really hurt not only us but also the users. Thanks.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Hi,

Artemis detections usually follow the format of Artemis! followed by 12 characters. Would it be possible to click on the right > arrow and see if it brings up the full detection name please? If this does not help, use the information available at the link shared by Peter to submit the file to Labs.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos
droidterran
Level 7

Dear,

No, there is nothing more to show even I clicked on the right > arrow...

I will try submit the file to Labs but actually you can download the game directly from Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PinballGame...

We are really frustrated to see our game marked as suspicious while it is NOT!

Best regards,

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Showvik, someone needs to alert the mobile software people that the Artemis detections possibly aren't displaying correctly in Mobile Security.

Can you do that?

Meanwhile the fastest way to clear the software is to submit it manually and then question any negative response emailed back as outlined in the link I gave.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/09/12 8:47:57 EDT AM
0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Hi,

Reported this to the concerned team. Awaiting samples in the meanwhile.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Thanks ;-)

0 Kudos
droidterran
Level 7

Dear,

I have sent an email with the zip file (Apk file & screen shot) to Virus_Research@avertlabs.com with title

False Artemis!f4a4a.

Is there any other thing I should do? Thanks.

Best regards,

Message was edited by: droidterran on 9/3/12 10:10:25 AM CDT
0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Hi,

Would it be possible to provide the Submission ID or the e-mail ID used to make the submission?

Regards,

Showvik

Message was edited by: showvik on 9/4/12 4:28:51 AM CDT
0 Kudos