cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryan329
Level 7

False Artemis!FBF4B5E564BE

Jump to solution

I simply wanted to use a launcher for Halo 2 vista, in which i have used countless times before i got mcafee and searches came up clean. Its a widely used launcher (within the community) and i am 99.7% positive mcafee is pulling a false positive here. The program is Halo 2 Shark (H2Launcher.exe), it is whats used to update Halo 2 vista to its latest update (2.5) and I hope this can be cleared up soon so i can continue to play this game. (hint: allowing users to exclude files from scans would make every-ones life better, including yours)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!FBF4B5E564BE

Jump to solution

Depending upon your Version, you are offered File Exclusions. However, if the exclusions have not been Cleared/Whitelisted they will be detected again.

Actually v13.6 up has this feature.

Open your McAfee UI, Click Navigate > Real Time Scanning > Excluded Files.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
6 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Please try following these Guidelines/Instructions :

All the Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Depending upon your Version, you are offered File Exclusions. However, if the exclusions have not been Cleared/Whitelisted they will be detected again.

Actually v13.6 up has this feature.

Open your McAfee UI, Click Navigate > Real Time Scanning > Excluded Files.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
ryan329
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help, i wasn't aware of the exclude option in real time scanning. When I was searching for how to exclude files all i got was that only pups can be excluded. It was 3am and I may have not noticed most of the forum posts I were reading were from 2013 at most. The file is now not being auto deleted, though to exclude it i had to rush to add it since you cant exclude files while the scanner is off. Being able to exclude while its disabled would make more sense to me :/  Yet again, thanks for the info on how to fix this.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You are quite welcome. I must say that I am quite surprised it is not being detected? For when I personally did a search on H2Launcher.exe, after accessing the site which was determined safe by McAfee Web Advisor. When I clicked on the actual 'Download Link' listed on the page.

McAfee Web Advisor scanned the Download and Blocked it as it was considered 'Dangerous'

All the Best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
ryan329
Level 7

Jump to solution

It probably comes up as dangerous due to the fact it A.downloads files (it works as a patcher) B. it modifies files to allow the game to run a certain way C. Can activate the game using an activator (i use my own key so this goes un-used) which probably accesses registry to input a key.

I will track and see if it does do anything anyways, and if it does i will contact the dev on his forum page and see whats going on just in case.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thanks for your input. Happy Gaming !

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos