cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgg1
Level 7

False Artemis!F5BE04DCD361

Hello,

I recently installed an add-on for a flight simulator game and McAfee blocked one of its files.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
28 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!F5BE04DCD361

You may try following these  Guidelines/Instructions:

Due to the large volume of Detections on a daily basis (150,000 or more). Please allow 4-5 business days for the File/Program to be analyzed and processed. With your successful submission, you should in return receive confirmation from McAfee Labs. With this there should be a Analysis ID # associated with your Detection.

If by chance after allowing the appropriate time, your issues are not resolved. Please post back the Analysis ID #, and we can possibly contact a McAfee Labs Technician/Engineer to expedite the process.

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
greenpug
Level 7

I also have same problem, same package as outlined above. I tried to send file fir examination but sending process failed. Meantome inam unable to use my software.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

If you used the option in the quarantine area yes that is a bit unreliable use the method Cd posted above

0 Kudos
greenpug
Level 7

Hi, I have switched off my virus protection, restored the "infected"" file and turned my protection back on - as advised. I have also fully updated my virus protection. Is this likely to be enough to solve the problem?. I am not very "computer literate" and cannot fully understand the instructions for submitting the file. If this doesn't work, if I hold on for a few days, given that others have reported this file and it turns out to be a harmless one after all, is McAfee likely to rectify the problem without my having to do any more? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Yes but have they submitted it to submit it you disable real time scanning (and then use a zip program to zip the file in .zip format and pasword protect the file in the options Use infected as the password and submit it to the email address virus_research@mcafee.com.

Post the analysis id number here as we will pass this issue up the line if no fix in 4 days..

0 Kudos
greenpug
Level 7

Managed  to work out how to get the file off. Analysis ID is 9212688. Message is that automated test was inconclusive and it will have to be passed on for further investigation. They say that if it turns out to be a Trojan this will be be put into their database. I take it, though, that if it is not - and I'm pretty sure it is not - they will alter database so that the file is no longer identified as malware?

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Yes if no fix in 3 days post back and 1 of us will shake a tech up.

0 Kudos
greenpug
Level 7

More problems. For a couple of days McAfee seems to have been accepting this file as it was working fine. Suddenly today, it identified it as a Trojan and quarantined it!

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Evidently after further Analysis, or another variant was introduced. McAfee indeed deemed it to be a infection. You can always of course resubmit following PK,s suggestion in this thread:

All the best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos