cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcneightrci
Level 7

False Artemis!EFE7C5172942

Greetings.

While attempting to download the latest support software for my Logitech MXMaster mouse, I also attempted to download the previous version of the software at (Link Removed by Moderator) and after another failed download, decided to open up the small binary that was downloaded. Expecting a 20 Mb download and only getting 24 kb, it wasn't hard to find the culprit.

This was the second Artemis false positive I received today. The first I detailed in

-Neil

0 Kudos
3 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!EFE7C5172942

Hi Neil,

In order to get your False Artemis! Detections Analyzed\Processed and Whitelisted. Please kindly pay close attention to these Guidelines\Instructions. What To Do When McAfee Detects Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal

NotePlease understand that I removed the links inserted, until McAfee has deemed them safe to Click on\Open. In addition, each Detection has to be Zipped\Password protected individually before submitting.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Hi Neil,

Could you kindly inform us if your issue has been resolved? If that indeed is not the case, kindly provide us the Analysis ID# associated with (each) Artemis! Detection. And I will contact someone internally on your behalf,to expedite your case.

Thank you,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Neil,

Due to the lack of correspondence,should this continue to be the case. We can only assume that your issue has been resolved and you require no further assistance.

Regards,

Cliff\CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos