cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
excelon5
Level 7

False Artemis!EFBB30D23615

Hello all,

I have McAfee LiveSafe Internet Security, and it's detecting d3dx9.dll as an unsafe file. It's a core file located in the main directory of a video game installation ("OMSI 2") and the game cannot start without it. I have already sent an email to virus_research@mcafee.com just before posting this. I request it should be cleared.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!EFBB30D23615

Did you follow these Guidelines/Instructions ?:

If so after allowing the appropriate time to be Analyzed/Processed. Kindly post back your Analysis ID # , and we can contact someone from McAfee Labs on your behalf. If not resolved. Quite possibly doing so may expedite the process.

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
excelon5
Level 7

Hi Catdaddy,

The analysis id is 9313080

They claim the analysis didn't determine the file was malware and  is being sent to be processed further, and that the DAT files will be updated if detection is warranted.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Hi ,

You are quite welcome Let,s give it a few more days to finish being Analyzed, if not resolved by then we can escalate the issue on your behalf.

Wishing you all the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Could you please let us know if you have heard anything else in regards to your submission?

Thank you in advance,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
excelon5
Level 7

Hi catdaddy,

I have not received any mail about the advancement of the submission.

excelon

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Thank you for informing me. Although it has only been (4) days, I will escalate the Analysis ID # later today.

Thank you,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Actually have you reconfirmed the issue is still happening as emails are not always sent sometimes they just fix it.

I do feel it has not been fixed but best to check

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

PK does have a valid point , can you please confirm if you are still experiencing the same issue? I would rather make absolutely certain this is indeed the case. For the McAfee Labs Technicians/Engineers stay inundated as on a average, there are over (150,000 or more) Detections on any given day they have to deal with.

Thank you in Advance,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
excelon5
Level 7

Hi  catdaddy and peacekeeper,

I am still encountering the same issue: I go to run the program, where McAfee puts the .dll file into its quarantine vault and thus the game is unable to run. My current bypass, to disable real-time scanning and start the game works, but then when real-time scanning comes back McAfee gives me a popup saying it detected d3dx9.dll but can't do anything to it because it's in use and requests me to restart, which I decline to.

Thank you.

0 Kudos