cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Artemis!E8D86C771D7E

I have MCafee Internet Security 2013 on my laptop, so when I wanted to install one game , the crack of that game was automatically moved to quarantined items so I needed to turn off the real time protection to play this game. I'm sure that this file isn't a virus and I expect any help for solving this problem. Thanks.  

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 3/01/14 6:46:55 PM
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: False Artemis!E8D86C771D7E

Please do not post suspect files here. Correct way is to submit the file zipped and password protected as per.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx

When you get the auto reply reply immediately changing the subject to False +ve and name of detection.

In body say where you got the file and what it is and why you think it is ok and send it off. If no fix in 4 days or so post back with the analysis id Number that the reply email has and I will get this chased upby a lab tech.

0 Kudos

The file is a crack from one game that I took from my friend who doesn't had this problem, becouse he have Microsoft Security Essentuals who doesn't move this file to the quarantined list or unwanted programs and doesn't determine as a trojan, like in Mcafee. I checked this file and it's not a virus. I sent the file to the virus_research@mcafee.com zipped as you wanted to be with the pasword , so I expect you to solve this problem.Thanks.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

The labs will deal with it, we are only volunteers here.  Any 'crack' is suspect, so the verdict could go either way.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

As Peter said we are just unpaid volunteers here we will though stir things up if you post back in 4 days with no fix . Remember we also need that analysis id number from the email.

0 Kudos